Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 30, 2010
7:02:54 AM
View profile
Motorola Karma QA1 -- Two Function Questions

1. When I download files to my Motorola Karma, I can't get them to go to the Memory Card -- they only go to the phone memory, then I have to move them to the Memory Card separately.  Is there a way to get files to download directly to the Memory Card?

2.  I can't send photographs to anyone using text messaging.  I can get photos OK, but I can't send them. I have an unlimited data plan.  Any ideas? 

Except for these two annoyances,  I like the phone a lot.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1. When I download files to my Motorola Karma, I can't get them to go to the Memory Card -- they only go to the phone memory, then I have to move them to the Memory Card separately.  Is there a way to get files to download directly to the Memory Card?

2.  I can't send photographs to anyone using text messaging.  I can get photos OK, but I can't send them. I have an unlimited data plan.  Any ideas? 

Except for these two annoyances,  I like the phone a lot.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Motorola Karma QA1 -- Two Function Questions

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 9:38:02 PM
(0)
Guru

1. When I download files to my Motorola Karma, I can't get them to go to the Memory Card -- they only go to the phone memory, then I have to move them to the Memory Card separately.  Is there a way to get files to download directly to the Memory Card?  In your Settings, go to the Phone Status menu, then to you Download Locations menu.  Select Memory Card if there isn't already a check next to it.  That will make it your default Download Location.

2.  I can't send photographs to anyone using text messaging.  I can get photos OK, but I can't send them. I have an unlimited data plan.  Any ideas?  Check you OLAM (Online Account Manager).  Ensure you have MMS set up on your phone.  Pictures, Videos, and Music that are within a sendable size are classified as MMS NOT SMS/Text. 

1. When I download files to my Motorola Karma, I can't get them to go to the Memory Card -- they only go to the phone memory, then I have to move them to the Memory Card separately.  Is there a way to get files to download directly to the Memory Card?  In your Settings, go to the Phone Status menu, then to you Download Locations menu.  Select Memory Card if there isn't already a check next to it.  That will make it your default Download Location.

2.  I can't send photographs to anyone using text messaging.  I can get photos OK, but I can't send them. I have an unlimited data plan.  Any ideas?  Check you OLAM (Online Account Manager).  Ensure you have MMS set up on your phone.  Pictures, Videos, and Music that are within a sendable size are classified as MMS NOT SMS/Text. 

Re: Motorola Karma QA1 -- Two Function Questions

2 of 5 (2,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 8:10:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply -- here's the status.

1.  I have the memory card selected as the default download location.  Downloads are still going to the phone and need to be moved manually.  Any other suggestions?

2.  I called customer service.  Everything was fine on the AT&T side.  I was finally directed to do a master reset and that fixed the problem.    However, I still have the download problem.

I really appreciate any further suggestions on the download issue. 

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply -- here's the status.

1.  I have the memory card selected as the default download location.  Downloads are still going to the phone and need to be moved manually.  Any other suggestions?

2.  I called customer service.  Everything was fine on the AT&T side.  I was finally directed to do a master reset and that fixed the problem.    However, I still have the download problem.

I really appreciate any further suggestions on the download issue. 

Thanks.

3 of 5 (1,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 9:17:23 AM
(0)
Guru

What type of files are you downloading that go to your phone?

What type of files are you downloading that go to your phone?

4 of 5 (1,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 11:26:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

MP3s. 

I'm trying to send downloaded sound files to the phone by Bluetooth.  The files keep ending up on the phone memory, rather than the card.

MP3s. 

I'm trying to send downloaded sound files to the phone by Bluetooth.  The files keep ending up on the phone memory, rather than the card.

5 of 5 (1,895 Views)