Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 28, 2010
7:59:17 AM
Motorola Karma Help ~ Change Default Ring Tone
I cannot change the Ring Tone on my Karma to anything else.  While it states I have changes the Ring Tone to say, "Bubbles," it reverts to the Standard Alert ring tone.  I have tried everything.  Hundreds of other Karma users are posting similar posts and questions online.  Goggled and looked for answers with many others.  I am not a novice,  I have owned multiple other Motorola phones and know them inside and out.  Why can I not change the basic ring tone on this Karma?
I cannot change the Ring Tone on my Karma to anything else.  While it states I have changes the Ring Tone to say, "Bubbles," it reverts to the Standard Alert ring tone.  I have tried everything.  Hundreds of other Karma users are posting similar posts and questions online.  Goggled and looked for answers with many others.  I am not a novice,  I have owned multiple other Motorola phones and know them inside and out.  Why can I not change the basic ring tone on this Karma?

Motorola Karma Help ~ Change Default Ring Tone

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 5:32:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
Have downloaded ringtones or mp3s on the phone? maybe try a battery pull?
Have downloaded ringtones or mp3s on the phone? maybe try a battery pull?

Re: Motorola Karma Help ~ Change Default Ring Tone

2 of 11 (2,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 8:21:10 AM
(0)
Guru
Perhaps there is an issue with the tone itself.  Try playing the tone in your phone's media player.  If it plays as what it should be, the issue rests with the phone, but if it plays a default ring, or tells you the file is corrupt, then the issue is with the file and/or its loading procedure.
Perhaps there is an issue with the tone itself.  Try playing the tone in your phone's media player.  If it plays as what it should be, the issue rests with the phone, but if it plays a default ring, or tells you the file is corrupt, then the issue is with the file and/or its loading procedure.

3 of 11 (2,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 11:12:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried to change the ring to anthing the phone was pre-loaded with out of the box.  Whether it be a tone, music, beep whatever, it will not change.  The phone acknowleges the change has been made: however, the ring tone remains the default standerd alert ring tone.  Mototola's web forum is filling-up with the same complaints.  Co-workers have the same phone incountering the same difficulties with their Karma phone.

I am a loyal Motorola customer, however, I am new to at&t.  Just looking for the best help.  I like the phone but if I can not change the ring tone I will need to exchange for a diffrent brand.

I have tried to change the ring to anthing the phone was pre-loaded with out of the box.  Whether it be a tone, music, beep whatever, it will not change.  The phone acknowleges the change has been made: however, the ring tone remains the default standerd alert ring tone.  Mototola's web forum is filling-up with the same complaints.  Co-workers have the same phone incountering the same difficulties with their Karma phone.

I am a loyal Motorola customer, however, I am new to at&t.  Just looking for the best help.  I like the phone but if I can not change the ring tone I will need to exchange for a diffrent brand.

4 of 11 (2,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 11:13:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh ya... all the tones play in the media player no problem.
Oh ya... all the tones play in the media player no problem.

5 of 11 (2,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 11:17:15 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have pulled the battery, and through the help of a standerd tech support associate, have also completed a "hard" reset.  Nothing helped.  At&t sent me a replacement and the same issue with this phone as well.
I have pulled the battery, and through the help of a standerd tech support associate, have also completed a "hard" reset.  Nothing helped.  At&t sent me a replacement and the same issue with this phone as well.

6 of 11 (2,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2010 4:18:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

have you been able to find a way to make it work i have changed the phone 4 times and still won't play ringtones for incoming call only text messagesSmiley Sad

have you been able to find a way to make it work i have changed the phone 4 times and still won't play ringtones for incoming call only text messagesSmiley Sad

7 of 11 (2,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2010 4:51:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

NO.. and its frustrating.  At&t's software on this phone is flawed.  They have now discontinued this phone; however it doesnt matter because they also sent me a replacement Karma with same issues.  I am from Indiana and wondered if I was having problems with this phone due to my location.  I personnally know 5 other people who have the same phone with same issues, two being in my church and the other my Doctor.

We have called at&t they say no problems reported.  That is not true I told them just google "Motorola Karma ringtone problems" and see the hundreds of other posts on the web.  I had the sim card replaced and the ringers worked for about 12 hours, than went back to the standard alert ring tone and cant be changed.

I guess I will turn the phone in on warrenty, and refuse another Karma.  Bummer thing is that I spent 60 plus dollars on chargers, holster and software fot this phone.

What have you tried?

God bless

NO.. and its frustrating.  At&t's software on this phone is flawed.  They have now discontinued this phone; however it doesnt matter because they also sent me a replacement Karma with same issues.  I am from Indiana and wondered if I was having problems with this phone due to my location.  I personnally know 5 other people who have the same phone with same issues, two being in my church and the other my Doctor.

We have called at&t they say no problems reported.  That is not true I told them just google "Motorola Karma ringtone problems" and see the hundreds of other posts on the web.  I had the sim card replaced and the ringers worked for about 12 hours, than went back to the standard alert ring tone and cant be changed.

I guess I will turn the phone in on warrenty, and refuse another Karma.  Bummer thing is that I spent 60 plus dollars on chargers, holster and software fot this phone.

What have you tried?

God bless

8 of 11 (2,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2010 11:04:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have tried everything walked through the phone with a tech at At&T and motorola, i changed my phone 3 times and still did the same thing so i sent it off to motorola which is a joke because they would not let me speak to a tech about the problems with it i payed 15$ for shipping to them and got back the same problem, but they said it worked for them,  contacted at&t and they sent me a new phone and still same problem i am scared to change it for another phone because the signal is so good, and i wonder what problem other phones have, i have too changed the sim card it worked for a few hours and set itself back to not working ringtone, i am very fraustrated and don't know what to do from here. i also have three At&t tech look at it and they could not figure out the phones problems:i have tried setting the ringtones that came with the phone and ones i have downloaded and still that annoying ring always is there .smileysad:

I have tried everything walked through the phone with a tech at At&T and motorola, i changed my phone 3 times and still did the same thing so i sent it off to motorola which is a joke because they would not let me speak to a tech about the problems with it i payed 15$ for shipping to them and got back the same problem, but they said it worked for them,  contacted at&t and they sent me a new phone and still same problem i am scared to change it for another phone because the signal is so good, and i wonder what problem other phones have, i have too changed the sim card it worked for a few hours and set itself back to not working ringtone, i am very fraustrated and don't know what to do from here. i also have three At&t tech look at it and they could not figure out the phones problems:i have tried setting the ringtones that came with the phone and ones i have downloaded and still that annoying ring always is there .smileysad:

9 of 11 (2,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2010 11:05:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Please please someone help, i have tried everything on the motorola site forums , and other sites and still nothingSmiley Sad

Please please someone help, i have tried everything on the motorola site forums , and other sites and still nothingSmiley Sad

10 of 11 (2,180 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2010 7:36:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I gave up!  at&t wont recognize there is a problem with this phone.  I have begged them to google "Motorola Karma Ring Tone Issues."  They state no one else is reporting issues.  Even though there are pages of people on their own customer forms that beg to differ.

I have wrote two reviews of this phone but  they never get posted some how?  Keep calling people!

I gave up!  at&t wont recognize there is a problem with this phone.  I have begged them to google "Motorola Karma Ring Tone Issues."  They state no one else is reporting issues.  Even though there are pages of people on their own customer forms that beg to differ.

I have wrote two reviews of this phone but  they never get posted some how?  Keep calling people!

11 of 11 (673 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments