Motorola Flipout Email help.

Contributor

Motorola Flipout Email help.

Any sbcglobal users.  

I went through customer support by phone, we got my email setup on my mobile, I can now receive email from my account, but the phone won't send email.  I get an 'Authentication error' notification.  

Can anyone confirm the 'Outgoing server'?  

SMTP server:

cwmx.com

Port: 

I'm not sure if 'Authentication error' has anything to do with the Outgoing server settings.  Maybe other sbcglobal users are on another server as well?

Message 1 of 5 (1,461 Views)
Scholar

Re: Motorola Flipout Email help.

[ Edited ]

Did they have you try your sbcglobal smtp?

smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

The cwmx.com is AT&T's own server that they use if your outgoing server has issues sending your e-mails.

Are you receiving/sending e-mail from your sbcglobal e-mail address?

Also, in case you have a different local provider:

SBC Global Ameritech:  smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com
    SBC Global Flash:  smtp.flash.yahoo.com
    SBC Global NVBell:  smtp.nvbell.yahoo.com
    SBC Global Pacbell:  smtp.pacbell.yahoo.com
    SBC Global Prodigy:  smtpauth.prodigy.net
    SBC Global SNet:  smtp.snet.yahoo.com
    SBC Global SWBell:  smtp.swbell.yahoo.com
    SBC Global Wans:  smtp.wans.yahoo.com
    SBC Global Yahoo!:  smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Message 2 of 5 (1,411 Views)
Contributor

I was able to receive email from my sbcglobal email on the phone, but unable to send email from the phone.  

I was on the phone with att, they created a case to look into the issue.  I later received an email saying the case was resolved, but was still unable to send email from my phone.  

Eventually I deleted the email account from my phone and re added.  

My first attempt adding an email account did not work and was on the phone to get the manual setup (when I first got the phone & before they created a case about my email sending issue).  

Second attempt adding email (after deletion and email of case resolved) on the phone, it went smoothly with the automatic setup.  And now I can send email from the phone.  

So somewhere in there something got fixed.

Thanks for your reply though.

Message 3 of 5 (1,386 Views)
Master

The email settings on a mobile device like android phone tend to be a bit different from the settings used for desktop applications.

Glad you got it to work.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5 (1,378 Views)
Scholar

Yes, that's true.

I have Cox.net (Cox Communications) for my ISP and I'm in their East area. On every other platform I can use the east.cox.net, but on my mobile for some reason I have to use their west. Everything works fine with that setting, though. Odd.

Message 5 of 5 (1,371 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.