06-23-2010 5:22 PM - edited 06-24-2010 6:38 AM
Great news for our Backflip Community!
You've been patiently waiting for news on our previous Exclusive Early Software release. We've been improving the experience and would like to form two test groups.
Our goal is to have 1,000 customers test System version update 12.1199 to 13.37 and 1,000 customers test System version update 13.35 to 13.37. Both groups will then provide feedback on the software before it is officially released to all customers!
The preview software is now available via an over-the-air update until we reach 1,000 users in each group.
All we ask is that…
- If you are participating in the update and are starting on System version 13.35 - please provide your software preview feedback over on the Motorola Forums.
- If you are participating in the update and are starting on System version 12.1199 - please provide your software preview feedback on this thread. Please use this thread to post your feedback and questions instead of calling AT&T or Motorola Customer Care. We'll be monitoring the thread for any issues.
Note: This is not the Android 2.1 upgrade.
Preparing for the update from System version 12.1199 to 13.37
1. Charge your phone prior to or have it connected to a wall charger at the time the update becomes available.
2. Be in a 3G coverage area or on a WiFi network.
Note: AT&T recommends that you download over WiFi if you have data limitations. To get more information on activating WiFi, go here
3. Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates
4. The phone will present the following screen.
5. Choose View release notes to see what the update offers. Please Note: To get back to download the update after viewing the release notes: Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
6. Choose to Download. Downloading will start and the Downloading Icon will appear in the status bar. Downloading on Edge will be significantly longer and is not recommended. Note: Choosing Later will defer the download to a later date. Please be aware that if you defer and the update period closes you will not be able to perform the update.
7. After downloading the software the phone will prompt you to Install or Install Later. The install can be deferred as well but we recommend you do it as soon as you can.
Note: Your phone will switch screens to install the software. This is completely normal. After the update is complete your phone will have a slow first boot. Please do not power the phone off or take the battery out. The installation will complete and put you back at a lock screen or your homescreen once it is completed.
8. You should then automatically receive the notification for the second step of the update.
9. Choose to View Release Notes. Pressing the back button will return you to the screen above.
10. Choose to Download. While you can download later, we recommend you download the software immediately.
11. Once the download is complete you should automatically get the prompt to Install.
12. Choose to Install. While you can install later, we recommend you install the software immediately.
13. The phone will again switch to an Install Screen and then a Blue screen with Motorola Logo. Both are completely normal. Once the install has completed the phone will then complete a slow boot. Do not power the phone off during the software install or the slow boot. Once the update is complete the phone will return to the lock screen or your homescreen.
Thanks for updating your phone to system version 13.37. Please provide all comments regarding your experience during the update process and the days that follow in this thread.
ATT Community Manager
06-24-2010 8:20 AM
Currently running 12.1199 and no update available yet - is there anything that I need to do here or on the phone for this to be available?
06-24-2010 8:27 AM
Sorry ... Mark's post wasn't there when I started this. Apologies to everyone that has already subscribed to this, but if you want email notifications use the "subscribe" option in the "topic options" pulldown in the upper left. If you want reply text in the emails in addition to the subject lines, click on "My Settings" next to your username (next to Motorola) near the top, then click on the "Subscriptions and Bookmarks" tab; it's under "Email Content".
Hey thanks for teaching me something Shimage!
I'd give you Kudos but I'm apparently not high enough in the ranks yet.
06-24-2010 8:49 AM
06-24-2010 8:50 AM
The camera takes the best pictures in natural light and doesn't do a great job with artificial light. I have some pictures of things taken around my house that look IMPRESSIVE for a 5 MP phone camera.
06-24-2010 8:57 AM
yea thats looking like how im going, or to the iphone. at least apple can get there updates out when they have it planned.
06-24-2010 9:06 AM
11:06 am in Baton Rouge, just rebooted the phone and now I'm getting the first update from 11.99.
06-24-2010 9:16 AM
@jaredcormier: Hey neighbor!
Okay, to add something useful! The first download finished, now the phone is rebooting for the 3rd time from installing the update. It did not appear to wipe the phone, as all my apps are still there. My System version is now 12.1214. On hitting system update again, it immediately had part 2 pop up and is downloading now. Mine is going through wifi and it seems to be a large file
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!