Missing Features on AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII

Voyager

Missing Features on AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII

I just received my Samsung Galaxy SIII model SGH-1747 and have noticed some features missing. I am new to Android, so if anyone can assist and letting me know if this is standard that would help make sense of things. For example:

1. In the display setting, there is no "Screen Mode" option

2. On the homepage when you pulled down and get to the quick access bar, there is no "Notification" or 'Driving Mode" buttons.

3. I also saw where some had the Samsung FM radio installed, but did not see that on my version.

Has anyone else encountered these?

Message 1 of 6 (7,876 Views)
Voyager

Re: Missing Features on AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII

notifications show up when you get them.
Driving mode comes on when you plug it into the samsung mount otherwise you can start it via settings or make a shortcut.
Im not sure but if you slide the notification bar down the slide the toggle bar over you just might find it as other toggles
Message 2 of 6 (7,860 Views)
Professor

idodoo wrote:

I just received my Samsung Galaxy SIII model SGH-1747 and have noticed some features missing. I am new to Android, so if anyone can assist and letting me know if this is standard that would help make sense of things. For example:

2. On the homepage when you pulled down and get to the quick access bar, there is no "Notification" or 'Driving Mode" buttons.

3. I also saw where some had the Samsung FM radio installed, but did not see that on my version.

What device are you coming from?

What is "Screen Mode"?

There is no FM radio on the US versions of the Samsung Galaxy S III.  This feature is on the international version.

Message 3 of 6 (7,797 Views)

idodoo wrote:

1)  AT&T always removes this feature from their devices.  On the I777 they went out of their way to disable it in Settings - reenabling it required commenting out only one line of smali...  (Same deal with NFC - everything was there except one permissions XML and removing the code to disable it in Settings.)

2)  No clue here

3)  AT&T always removes the FM radio from Samsungs they offer

These are standard things you should always expect when purchasing carrier-mangled mutant derpbeasts.

Message 4 of 6 (7,710 Views)
Professor

Entropy512 wrote:

These are standard things you should always expect when purchasing carrier-mangled mutant derpbeasts.

And HTC devices as well (and probably other brands also).  Seems that they want you to use streaming radio services so that those on tiered data plans get charged overages or have to move to a higher tier.

Not sure on Sammy, but on HTC devices, you need to root in order to re-activate the FM radio feature.

Message 5 of 6 (7,688 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

redpoint73 wrote:

Entropy512 wrote:

And HTC devices as well (and probably other brands also).  Seems that they want you to use streaming radio services so that those on tiered data plans get charged overages or have to move to a higher tier.

Not sure on Sammy, but on HTC devices, you need to root in order to re-activate the FM radio feature.

Not all phones.  Have 3 HTC Inspires on my account, not rooted.  All have FM Radio. 

Message 6 of 6 (7,599 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support