MisInformation from At&T

Contributor

MisInformation from At&T

I have been blocked from my account in being able to use my debit/credit card or checking account due to an insufficient charge back in September.  I was in the hospital having a knee replacement when I had this issue.  AT&T has told me that I have to pay in cash at an AT&T kiosk until March.  In speaking with a billing supervisor named Jason who informed me of this action on 2/3/12 and I was never told this before.  When I tried to make my payment in january via my phone the operator in billing explained that I would have to go to the kiosk for january and that by Feb this would be cleared up.  I am very disturbed on how I was treated by a Supervisor over the phone who hung up on me when I tried to explain to him that nearest kiosk is approximately 8 miles from where I live and want to be able to pay my wireless bill on line from my home.  Again Jason told me I had to wait until March for this to be cleared. 

Because I was never told that it would be 6 months until I could use my debit/credit card online - I feel that the BBB must be advised of AT&T's misinformation to it's customers.  I have been a customer since 2008 and this is the first time this has happened - I am very unhappy about this resolution and expect AT&T to rectif this IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND AT&T WILL LOSE ANOTHER GOOD CUSTOMER!!!!!!  AT&T is a monopoly and too big for its britches -------------------

Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Re: MisInformation from At&T

Unfortunately the payment transaction block cannot be removed, it is removed automatically if you follow and complete all the terms to have it automatically removed. I don't have the terms available to share with you since i'm not at work, but one of them I do know is the transaction block is in effect for 6 months. If the terms are not completed, the block can remain for up to 12 months (or more).

I understand your frustrated as you were in the hospital and were pretty much caught in a predicament but unfortunately there are no exceptions (even for tenured customers) for the chargeback process. If im not mistaken there has to be 2 or more chargebacks within 6 months timeframe to have the transaction block automatically added. 8 miles is a fair distance but keep in mind payments are only due once a month, so it would be about a 15-20 minute drive (my approximation, could be wrong) only once every 30 days.

Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: MisInformation from At&T

berta1943 wrote:

I have been blocked from my account in being able to use my debit/credit card or checking account due to an insufficient charge back in September.  I was in the hospital having a knee replacement when I had this issue.  AT&T has told me that I have to pay in cash at an AT&T kiosk until March.  In speaking with a billing supervisor named Jason who informed me of this action on 2/3/12 and I was never told this before.  When I tried to make my payment in january via my phone the operator in billing explained that I would have to go to the kiosk for january and that by Feb this would be cleared up.  I am very disturbed on how I was treated by a Supervisor over the phone who hung up on me when I tried to explain to him that nearest kiosk is approximately 8 miles from where I live and want to be able to pay my wireless bill on line from my home.  Again Jason told me I had to wait until March for this to be cleared. 

Because I was never told that it would be 6 months until I could use my debit/credit card online - I feel that the BBB must be advised of AT&T's misinformation to it's customers.  I have been a customer since 2008 and this is the first time this has happened - I am very unhappy about this resolution and expect AT&T to rectif this IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND AT&T WILL LOSE ANOTHER GOOD CUSTOMER!!!!!!  AT&T is a monopoly and too big for its britches -------------------

I'm very sorry that you were not treated properly by the customer service representative you spoke with. 

Unfortunately, the policy of paying in cash is put in place due to the insufficient funds issue. 

I cannot guarantee that this restriction will be lifted, but I'm happy to have someone give you a call to review your billing and go over your options. If you'd like me to set that up, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (129 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.