Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 17, 2011
1:51:11 PM
View profile
Microcell won't activate

Bought the Microcell and spend all day on Saturday on the phone aith AT&T Support trying to get it to work. I connect to the satellite, but the 5 bar light flashes. When I try to activate on website, I keep getting activation error. The support people I spoke to were all 1st line people and are basically ready from a script. At the end of Saturday I was told it had to go to second level support. When i ask to talk to them I am told you can not talk to 2nd level support. They have to call you. I can not get a status. I now know why Consumer Reports says AT&T wireless has the worst support. I evenb elevated it to a manager and that got me nothing. She said someone would address the problem...  Should I just return it and go to Verizon? 

Bought the Microcell and spend all day on Saturday on the phone aith AT&T Support trying to get it to work. I connect to the satellite, but the 5 bar light flashes. When I try to activate on website, I keep getting activation error. The support people I spoke to were all 1st line people and are basically ready from a script. At the end of Saturday I was told it had to go to second level support. When i ask to talk to them I am told you can not talk to 2nd level support. They have to call you. I can not get a status. I now know why Consumer Reports says AT&T wireless has the worst support. I evenb elevated it to a manager and that got me nothing. She said someone would address the problem...  Should I just return it and go to Verizon? 

Microcell won't activate

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 9:18:35 AM
(0)
Guru
The last time I spoke with support about the problems I was having they said that there was nothing they could do and that the Microcell would either work or it would not; and if I didn't like that, then I should sell it on eBay.
The last time I spoke with support about the problems I was having they said that there was nothing they could do and that the Microcell would either work or it would not; and if I didn't like that, then I should sell it on eBay.

Re: Microcell won't activate

2 of 4 (1,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 3:35:41 PM
(0)
Guru

nsayer wrote:

This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  Smiley Very Happy

nsayer wrote:

This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  Smiley Very Happy

3 of 4 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 5:16:15 PM
(0)
Guru

Touché.

I will note that as often as I've repeated that story, I have yet to have anyone from AT&T contact me about it. I simply take their silence as further evidence of how little they care. Customers come to these fora for information and assistance. A company that cared would probably want to take some action to either change my perception or shut me up.

But then, AT&T clearly doesn't care.

Touché.

I will note that as often as I've repeated that story, I have yet to have anyone from AT&T contact me about it. I simply take their silence as further evidence of how little they care. Customers come to these fora for information and assistance. A company that cared would probably want to take some action to either change my perception or shut me up.

But then, AT&T clearly doesn't care.

4 of 4 (1,376 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments