Helpful Links

Microcell won't activate

Highlighted
Tutor

Microcell won't activate

Bought the Microcell and spend all day on Saturday on the phone aith AT&T Support trying to get it to work. I connect to the satellite, but the 5 bar light flashes. When I try to activate on website, I keep getting activation error. The support people I spoke to were all 1st line people and are basically ready from a script. At the end of Saturday I was told it had to go to second level support. When i ask to talk to them I am told you can not talk to 2nd level support. They have to call you. I can not get a status. I now know why Consumer Reports says AT&T wireless has the worst support. I evenb elevated it to a manager and that got me nothing. She said someone would address the problem...  Should I just return it and go to Verizon? 

Message 1 of 4
Guru

Re: Microcell won't activate

The last time I spoke with support about the problems I was having they said that there was nothing they could do and that the Microcell would either work or it would not; and if I didn't like that, then I should sell it on eBay.
Message 2 of 4
Guru

nsayer wrote:
The last time I spoke with support about the problems I was having they said that there was nothing they could do and that the Microcell would either work or it would not; and if I didn't like that, then I should sell it on eBay.

This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  This is a recorded announcement.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Guru

Touché.

I will note that as often as I've repeated that story, I have yet to have anyone from AT&T contact me about it. I simply take their silence as further evidence of how little they care. Customers come to these fora for information and assistance. A company that cared would probably want to take some action to either change my perception or shut me up.

But then, AT&T clearly doesn't care.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support