Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 11, 2011
10:55:32 AM
View profile
Microcell will not connect to Internet

My Microcell will not connect to the internet.

The Power and GPS lights are solid.  However, the Ethernet and 3G lights continues to blink.

I have disabled the Firewall and followed the instructions sent to me from At&t.  Changed ethernet cables, placed Microcell next to window, updating settings in modem, and still cannot get the Ethernet light SOLID.

I have the Motorola SBG6580 Surfboard modem.  I connected the Microcell to every single working port behind my modem and doubled checked each port to make sure it connects to the internet. 

I have noticed that users with the same issue have exchanged their Microcell and the issue was fixed.  However, some users are on their 3rd Microcell and still could not get the Ethernet light to become SOLID.

Please let me know if you have any tips or info.

Thanks

My Microcell will not connect to the internet.

The Power and GPS lights are solid.  However, the Ethernet and 3G lights continues to blink.

I have disabled the Firewall and followed the instructions sent to me from At&t.  Changed ethernet cables, placed Microcell next to window, updating settings in modem, and still cannot get the Ethernet light SOLID.

I have the Motorola SBG6580 Surfboard modem.  I connected the Microcell to every single working port behind my modem and doubled checked each port to make sure it connects to the internet. 

I have noticed that users with the same issue have exchanged their Microcell and the issue was fixed.  However, some users are on their 3rd Microcell and still could not get the Ethernet light to become SOLID.

Please let me know if you have any tips or info.

Thanks

Microcell will not connect to Internet

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 2:25:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had my Microcell for a about 5 months, it stop working. Support replace it with a new one. It works, all lights solid, but the activation progress on the att website does not complete. My phone still works with it all 5 bars, so i guess thats ok. Replace your Microcell.

I had my Microcell for a about 5 months, it stop working. Support replace it with a new one. It works, all lights solid, but the activation progress on the att website does not complete. My phone still works with it all 5 bars, so i guess thats ok. Replace your Microcell.

Re: Microcell will not connect to Internet

2 of 4 (1,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 10:12:47 AM
(0)
Contributor
Returned the Microcell and it worked.

However, last night had a storm in California and its back down again.
Returned the Microcell and it worked.

However, last night had a storm in California and its back down again.

3 of 4 (1,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2011 10:41:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
A tower nearby you could have been affected so even tho you have GPS it can't find a tower close enough. Unfortunately all you can do is to keep calling support which is usually an exercise in futility. Just place the MicroCell wihin 2 feet of a window and at least 2-3 feet away from any other WiFi device (as the instructions say) and try to power recycle sync scenario. You may have to do a priority mode connection (which is usually reserved for trouble shooting) and see if it works. Modem -> MicroCell ->router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

A tower nearby you could have been affected so even tho you have GPS it can't find a tower close enough. Unfortunately all you can do is to keep calling support which is usually an exercise in futility. Just place the MicroCell wihin 2 feet of a window and at least 2-3 feet away from any other WiFi device (as the instructions say) and try to power recycle sync scenario. You may have to do a priority mode connection (which is usually reserved for trouble shooting) and see if it works. Modem -> MicroCell ->router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,037 Views)