Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2011
7:43:23 AM
View profile
Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

I received a microcell from ATT that worked great - for about two weeks. Then it stopped getting IP addresses.  The power light and GPS light are solid. All other lights flashing alternately. I tried level one support and they told me to make sure all the settings in my router were correct, try connecting directly into my cable modem; directly into my router, etc. (which didn't make sense given I hadn't changed anything). Finally I gave up and took the microcell to an ATT store hoping they'd plug it into their lan to see what happens.  They simply replaced it. Replacement worked like a charm for 2-3 weeks.  Then it too started the same pattern. No IP address, flashing lights, etc.

I have

• Comcast Internet (w/Motorola modem);
  • Comcast VoIP;
  • a Linksys WRT54GX4 router (most devices connected via wire; only iPhone and occasional laptop use wireless.

Nothing fancy about the network - other than I have a NAS device that I think I gave static addresses around 192.168.1.50.  All other devices get addresses assigned starting at 192.168.1.100 and above. The microcell is typically plugged into a netgear gigabit switch which is hard wired into the router. They both are also plugged into a UPS.

Any help would be appreciated...

I received a microcell from ATT that worked great - for about two weeks. Then it stopped getting IP addresses.  The power light and GPS light are solid. All other lights flashing alternately. I tried level one support and they told me to make sure all the settings in my router were correct, try connecting directly into my cable modem; directly into my router, etc. (which didn't make sense given I hadn't changed anything). Finally I gave up and took the microcell to an ATT store hoping they'd plug it into their lan to see what happens.  They simply replaced it. Replacement worked like a charm for 2-3 weeks.  Then it too started the same pattern. No IP address, flashing lights, etc.

I have

• Comcast Internet (w/Motorola modem);
  • Comcast VoIP;
  • a Linksys WRT54GX4 router (most devices connected via wire; only iPhone and occasional laptop use wireless.

Nothing fancy about the network - other than I have a NAS device that I think I gave static addresses around 192.168.1.50.  All other devices get addresses assigned starting at 192.168.1.100 and above. The microcell is typically plugged into a netgear gigabit switch which is hard wired into the router. They both are also plugged into a UPS.

Any help would be appreciated...

Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 7:55:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Can you assign a permanent IP address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address? That's what I had to do with mine and it's been fine. I have a dynamic ADSL2+ connection. However, my network is simpler than yours. The only wired device to my router is the MicroCell, everything else is wireless. Modem -> router -> MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Can you assign a permanent IP address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address? That's what I had to do with mine and it's been fine. I have a dynamic ADSL2+ connection. However, my network is simpler than yours. The only wired device to my router is the MicroCell, everything else is wireless. Modem -> router -> MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

2 of 2 (439 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments