Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

Contributor

Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

I received a microcell from ATT that worked great - for about two weeks. Then it stopped getting IP addresses.  The power light and GPS light are solid. All other lights flashing alternately. I tried level one support and they told me to make sure all the settings in my router were correct, try connecting directly into my cable modem; directly into my router, etc. (which didn't make sense given I hadn't changed anything). Finally I gave up and took the microcell to an ATT store hoping they'd plug it into their lan to see what happens.  They simply replaced it. Replacement worked like a charm for 2-3 weeks.  Then it too started the same pattern. No IP address, flashing lights, etc.

I have

• Comcast Internet (w/Motorola modem);
  • Comcast VoIP;
  • a Linksys WRT54GX4 router (most devices connected via wire; only iPhone and occasional laptop use wireless.

Nothing fancy about the network - other than I have a NAS device that I think I gave static addresses around 192.168.1.50.  All other devices get addresses assigned starting at 192.168.1.100 and above. The microcell is typically plugged into a netgear gigabit switch which is hard wired into the router. They both are also plugged into a UPS.

Any help would be appreciated...

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Microcell stops accepting IP address after about 2 weeks. replacement did same.

Can you assign a permanent IP address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address? That's what I had to do with mine and it's been fine. I have a dynamic ADSL2+ connection. However, my network is simpler than yours. The only wired device to my router is the MicroCell, everything else is wireless. Modem -> router -> MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support