Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 27, 2011
8:39:17 AM
Microcell problem must be my fault

We have 2 iphones, 1 new, AT&T DSL AT&T landlines.

We have problems with the outgoing voice quality and dropping calls, all very recent.

They have decided it must be us and cannot be AT&T.  Might be bandwidth, even though internet works well.

Guess it may be time to change to Verizon and comcast.

We have problems with the outgoing voice quality and dropping calls, all very recent.

They have decided it must be us and cannot be AT&T.  Might be bandwidth, even though internet works well.

Microcell problem must be my fault

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2011 10:45:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Harveyvicki wrote:

What are your connection speeds? If you are too far away from the CO and there's a RT in between you and the CO, that may be affecting your inet speeds.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Harveyvicki wrote:

What are your connection speeds? If you are too far away from the CO and there's a RT in between you and the CO, that may be affecting your inet speeds.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell problem must be my fault

2 of 7 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 6:56:25 AM
(0)
Teacher
You could measure your internet service with one of the measuring sites such as dslreports.com
You are interested in latency as well as bandwidth.
You could measure your internet service with one of the measuring sites such as dslreports.com
You are interested in latency as well as bandwidth.

3 of 7 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 8:04:52 AM
(0)
Guru
If the problem only is on how others say you sound (not how others sound to you), then the problem likely is that your uplink bandwidth is saturated. Prioritizing your uplink traffic would solve it. Check your router for a QoS setting or something like that.

QoS doesn't work on the downlink side because the dropped packets would have been dropped by the ISP's router.
If the problem only is on how others say you sound (not how others sound to you), then the problem likely is that your uplink bandwidth is saturated. Prioritizing your uplink traffic would solve it. Check your router for a QoS setting or something like that.

QoS doesn't work on the downlink side because the dropped packets would have been dropped by the ISP's router.

4 of 7 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 8:41:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  This the best explaination of what is happening.  I will check router when I get home.

Thanks.  This the best explaination of what is happening.  I will check router when I get home.

5 of 7 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2011 5:47:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Make sure the ethernet cable for the Microcell is connected in the first
port. Microcell must be the priority connection. Should solve the
issue.

issue.

6 of 7 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2011 9:45:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

hoosiergal wrote:

issue.

That may or may not work. My setup is non-priority, DSL gateway -> router -> Microcell and the enet cable from the Microcell to the router is in the middle port. We have none of the issues that others report with 3G, iPhone 3GSs or iPhone 4s. The frustrating thing about the Microcell is that there isn't just one fix for similar problems so try what ever seems reasonable until you get a fix.

hoosiergal wrote:

issue.

That may or may not work. My setup is non-priority, DSL gateway -> router -> Microcell and the enet cable from the Microcell to the router is in the middle port. We have none of the issues that others report with 3G, iPhone 3GSs or iPhone 4s. The frustrating thing about the Microcell is that there isn't just one fix for similar problems so try what ever seems reasonable until you get a fix.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (368 Views)