Posted Dec 21, 2011
2:10:04 PM
View profile
Microcell not working
Edited by ShaunMN on Dec 21, 2011 at 3:57:35 PM

All the lights are green, I have rebooted it multiple time, but phones still don't connect to it.  It was working for several months, just not now.

Since the general consensus is it is a {word filter evasion}, can I return it to AT&T?  I have had it for over 1 year.  If not, what are my other options?

p.s. Anyone interested in purchasing a slightly used white brick imprinted with the AT&T Wireless symbol?

All the lights are green, I have rebooted it multiple time, but phones still don't connect to it.  It was working for several months, just not now.

Since the general consensus is it is a {word filter evasion}, can I return it to AT&T?  I have had it for over 1 year.  If not, what are my other options?

p.s. Anyone interested in purchasing a slightly used white brick imprinted with the AT&T Wireless symbol?

Microcell not working

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 3:19:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by ShaunMN on Dec 21, 2011 at 3:57:53 PM

tmas wrote:

No, you can not return it to AT&T after your warranty expired. I guess you could leave it on the counter in the store or outside in a basket but you won't be able to get any credit for it. You could try I guess but don't expect anything to come of it.

Try to re-register it on the My Account page. Sometimes that works. Have you changed phones, ISP, knocked it over, etc?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

tmas wrote:

No, you can not return it to AT&T after your warranty expired. I guess you could leave it on the counter in the store or outside in a basket but you won't be able to get any credit for it. You could try I guess but don't expect anything to come of it.

Try to re-register it on the My Account page. Sometimes that works. Have you changed phones, ISP, knocked it over, etc?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell not working

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (3,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 8:59:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue.

My microcell has been working great for the past year, suddenly on Dec 22 it dropped and has not been able to re-connect.

Rebooted eveything. I am now being told that my connection is too slow. The same connection and speed that have been working for the past year.

Any ideas or advice?

I have the same issue.

My microcell has been working great for the past year, suddenly on Dec 22 it dropped and has not been able to re-connect.

Rebooted eveything. I am now being told that my connection is too slow. The same connection and speed that have been working for the past year.

Any ideas or advice?

3 of 7 (3,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 8:05:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Do you happen to have an iPhone and upgrade to iOS 5.x around that time?  There is a widely known issue that was apparently introduced with iOS5 that either prevents many (but not all) iPhones from either initially connecting or staying connected to the microcell.  In most of the reported cases things had been working fine before they upgraded the OS on their phones.  

BTW I have the same issue.  We upgraded our phones last month to 5.0.1 and just got a new microcell yesterday, not being aware of this known incompatibility, and neither phone can connect with the microcell despite trying all the troubleshooting techniques suggested by AT&T and various other threads.

Do you happen to have an iPhone and upgrade to iOS 5.x around that time?  There is a widely known issue that was apparently introduced with iOS5 that either prevents many (but not all) iPhones from either initially connecting or staying connected to the microcell.  In most of the reported cases things had been working fine before they upgraded the OS on their phones.  

BTW I have the same issue.  We upgraded our phones last month to 5.0.1 and just got a new microcell yesterday, not being aware of this known incompatibility, and neither phone can connect with the microcell despite trying all the troubleshooting techniques suggested by AT&T and various other threads.

4 of 7 (3,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 8:55:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yep...iPhones.  Thanks for the answer to the problem, is there a timeline for the solution?

The amazing thing is I get perfect reception on my Verizon Blackberry at my house and little to no reception on my AT&T iPhone (or any other AT&T device).  And I live in a densely populated suburb of Houston.

Yep...iPhones.  Thanks for the answer to the problem, is there a timeline for the solution?

The amazing thing is I get perfect reception on my Verizon Blackberry at my house and little to no reception on my AT&T iPhone (or any other AT&T device).  And I live in a densely populated suburb of Houston.

5 of 7 (2,996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 9:03:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

I've been looking hard last night and today but the best I've come across is 2nd hand references saying that both AT&T and Apple are aware of the issue.  No timeline was speculated and given that it wasn't fixed in 5.0.1 I'm not overly confident that it will be fixed any time soon.  Although I suppose it's possible that they didn't realise they had a problem in 5.0 before 5.0.1 was frozen .

I've been looking hard last night and today but the best I've come across is 2nd hand references saying that both AT&T and Apple are aware of the issue.  No timeline was speculated and given that it wasn't fixed in 5.0.1 I'm not overly confident that it will be fixed any time soon.  Although I suppose it's possible that they didn't realise they had a problem in 5.0 before 5.0.1 was frozen .

6 of 7 (2,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 3:36:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jsharpe wrote:

The problem is that AT&T blames Apple,  Apple blames Ciscso, and Cisco blames AT&, or some variation of that on the MicroCell issues. I was hoping that the sudden ocurrence of  the mysterious blinking red 3G light was due to the rumored update (fix) but that apparently hasn't gone well either (if, in fact, that's what the update was for).

jsharpe wrote:

The problem is that AT&T blames Apple,  Apple blames Ciscso, and Cisco blames AT&, or some variation of that on the MicroCell issues. I was hoping that the sudden ocurrence of  the mysterious blinking red 3G light was due to the rumored update (fix) but that apparently hasn't gone well either (if, in fact, that's what the update was for).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (2,971 Views)