Posted Mar 13, 2011
7:08:11 PM
View profile
Microcell is out in Chicago

Anyone else without MicroCell service at this time? Tried power cycling.  All indicator lights are on solid, just the 5Bar light is slowly blinking.

Anyone else without MicroCell service at this time? Tried power cycling.  All indicator lights are on solid, just the 5Bar light is slowly blinking.

Microcell is out in Chicago

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 7:18:33 PM
(0)
Teacher
Microcell down in Lakeview at 9:15 PM
Microcell down in Lakeview at 9:15 PM

Re: Microcell is out in Chicago

2 of 10 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 7:31:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Not working in Bloomington,IL. either!!!

Not working in Bloomington,IL. either!!!

3 of 10 (822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 7:47:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Not working in Chicago South Loop ... 9:46PM

Tried power cycling, rebooting, resetting, etc.

Not working in Chicago South Loop ... 9:46PM

Tried power cycling, rebooting, resetting, etc.

4 of 10 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 8:05:41 PM
(0)
Teacher
Microcell back up now in Lakeview on northside at 10:00 PM.
Microcell back up now in Lakeview on northside at 10:00 PM.

5 of 10 (786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 8:06:16 PM
(0)
Teacher
That was short-lived. Down again at 10:06
That was short-lived. Down again at 10:06

6 of 10 (785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 8:13:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
Same here... It was up for 3 minutes and down again now...
Same here... It was up for 3 minutes and down again now...

7 of 10 (778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2011 5:53:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been power cycling cable modem, router, microcell every day since Sunday and still no functional microcell access. I think we need more access to the device so we can determine what is causing the problem instead of waiting for AT&T to do (anything). Does anyone know if they have chat support for the microcell? When my microcell goes down I can't contact them via phone unless I'm in the lobby of my building.

I have been power cycling cable modem, router, microcell every day since Sunday and still no functional microcell access. I think we need more access to the device so we can determine what is causing the problem instead of waiting for AT&T to do (anything). Does anyone know if they have chat support for the microcell? When my microcell goes down I can't contact them via phone unless I'm in the lobby of my building.

8 of 10 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2011 8:59:35 AM
(0)
Guru
Even if you can find someone at AT&T to talk to about the Microcell, they won't be able or willing to do anything or give you any information. They do not properly support the Microcell. More than one of us has been told that if the Microcell doesn't work for us we should return or eBay it.

Outages - sometimes for days - are also not uncommon. Posting about them here won't fix them, but can serve as a warning to those considering purchasing one.

AT&T: you should be ashamed of the
microcell's track record thus far. You should maybe consider actually communicating with your customers. Admit that there are problems and share with us your timetable for fixing it. Absent that, we can only conclude - as I have - that you don't care and don't intend to do anything at all.
Even if you can find someone at AT&T to talk to about the Microcell, they won't be able or willing to do anything or give you any information. They do not properly support the Microcell. More than one of us has been told that if the Microcell doesn't work for us we should return or eBay it.

Outages - sometimes for days - are also not uncommon. Posting about them here won't fix them, but can serve as a warning to those considering purchasing one.

AT&T: you should be ashamed of the
microcell's track record thus far. You should maybe consider actually communicating with your customers. Admit that there are problems and share with us your timetable for fixing it. Absent that, we can only conclude - as I have - that you don't care and don't intend to do anything at all.

9 of 10 (596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2011 9:32:04 PM
(0)
Guru
Macrocell is out here in San Jose, CA today (Friday the 18th.) Normally it works flawlessly but the 5 bar light just blinks (all others are solid.) Power cycled several times.
Macrocell is out here in San Jose, CA today (Friday the 18th.) Normally it works flawlessly but the 5 bar light just blinks (all others are solid.) Power cycled several times.

10 of 10 (526 Views)