Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 11, 2012
8:20:01 AM
View profile
Microcell dropping internet connection every 10 minutes, cannot stream youtube

I have two problems with the microcell that hacen't been fixed. i'm just connecting it from my DSL, then to microcell, then to my airport express. I get disconnected from the internet every 5-10 minutes for about 10 seconds, which is really annoying during IM conversations....and what is worse is that i cant seem to steam video correcrtly, i get problems streaming video on youtube, probelems with other video services, i have to continually reload the page and manually seek to where the video stopped. please help! also my iphone dosen't even recognize the m-cell half the time.

I have two problems with the microcell that hacen't been fixed. i'm just connecting it from my DSL, then to microcell, then to my airport express. I get disconnected from the internet every 5-10 minutes for about 10 seconds, which is really annoying during IM conversations....and what is worse is that i cant seem to steam video correcrtly, i get problems streaming video on youtube, probelems with other video services, i have to continually reload the page and manually seek to where the video stopped. please help! also my iphone dosen't even recognize the m-cell half the time.

Microcell dropping internet connection every 10 minutes, cannot stream youtube

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2012 3:31:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

avartan wrote:

The normal connection is: modem (gateway) -> router -> MicroCell. Priority connection (usually used for trouble shooting but can be left this way) is: modem (gateway) ->MicroCell -> router.  The MicroCell needs to be about 18" away from a window with an unobstructed view of the sky for GPS and about 2 feet away from any other WiFi device that may cause interference. My connection is "normal" with port forwarding and an assigned permanent ip address to the MicroCell. Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary but it works for me. What is your DSL connection speed, is it PPoE, and how many other devices share your router?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

avartan wrote:

The normal connection is: modem (gateway) -> router -> MicroCell. Priority connection (usually used for trouble shooting but can be left this way) is: modem (gateway) ->MicroCell -> router.  The MicroCell needs to be about 18" away from a window with an unobstructed view of the sky for GPS and about 2 feet away from any other WiFi device that may cause interference. My connection is "normal" with port forwarding and an assigned permanent ip address to the MicroCell. Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary but it works for me. What is your DSL connection speed, is it PPoE, and how many other devices share your router?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell dropping internet connection every 10 minutes, cannot stream youtube

2 of 2 (1,634 Views)