Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2011
12:34:17 PM
View profile
Microcell disconnects every day

Hello,

I am new to these forums and was hoping someone could help me out. If this has been addressed elsewhere, maybe you could point me in the right direction. I tried searching but couldn't find this.

Every morning without fail my microcell loses its connection and goes into a state where the 3G light starts blinking. I was hoping the issue would resolve itself over time but it hasn't. If I disconnect and reconnect the power it resolves itself, but only after I move it next to a window so it can relock onto the GPS. Is there something I need to change in my router? Is my unit defective?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am new to these forums and was hoping someone could help me out. If this has been addressed elsewhere, maybe you could point me in the right direction. I tried searching but couldn't find this.

Every morning without fail my microcell loses its connection and goes into a state where the 3G light starts blinking. I was hoping the issue would resolve itself over time but it hasn't. If I disconnect and reconnect the power it resolves itself, but only after I move it next to a window so it can relock onto the GPS. Is there something I need to change in my router? Is my unit defective?

Thanks in advance.

Microcell disconnects every day

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 2:36:13 PM
(0)
Guru

Sounds like the GPS signal in your desired location is inadequate, though I'd expect the GPS light to start blinking were that the case.

You can try an external GPS antenna. That should not only allow you to keep the Microcell where you want it, but might solve the problem with it losing its connection daily.

Sounds like the GPS signal in your desired location is inadequate, though I'd expect the GPS light to start blinking were that the case.

You can try an external GPS antenna. That should not only allow you to keep the Microcell where you want it, but might solve the problem with it losing its connection daily.

Re: Microcell disconnects every day

2 of 4 (1,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 4:18:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

It is not the GPS - I have the same problem.  The mcell is near a window and never has a problem getting GPS lock.  I just have to reboot the sucker and it comes back.  Every day.

It is not the GPS - I have the same problem.  The mcell is near a window and never has a problem getting GPS lock.  I just have to reboot the sucker and it comes back.  Every day.

3 of 4 (1,234 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 10:51:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, me too. This morning I was relieved to see that I still had a connection. Then my wife set her phone down next to me and there it was again, Searching. Look at the m-cell, no solid bars light. This is almost as frustrating as the reception I was getting before. Hey ATT, do you look at these forums? Do you care about my frustration level? Or are you just going to make me go visit verizon store again?

Yeah, me too. This morning I was relieved to see that I still had a connection. Then my wife set her phone down next to me and there it was again, Searching. Look at the m-cell, no solid bars light. This is almost as frustrating as the reception I was getting before. Hey ATT, do you look at these forums? Do you care about my frustration level? Or are you just going to make me go visit verizon store again?

4 of 4 (1,155 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments