Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 28, 2011
6:59:03 PM
View profile
Microcell and century link

I am in the process of moving.  Our new house is out in the middle of nowhere and our ISP are limited.  Best I could find was Century Link.  They offer speeds of 4.0mpbs.  When I was talking to Century link today, they never heard of the microcell tower.  Does anyone know if this will work with the tower?  

I am in the process of moving.  Our new house is out in the middle of nowhere and our ISP are limited.  Best I could find was Century Link.  They offer speeds of 4.0mpbs.  When I was talking to Century link today, they never heard of the microcell tower.  Does anyone know if this will work with the tower?  

Microcell and century link

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 8:50:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

We' re in a rural area serviced by CenturyLink (formerly Embarq).  We've been fortunate to have good, reliable DSL for at least a couple of years.  But because we don't have a good cell phone signal, we got the at&t microcell, and have had absolutely no issues using it with our CenturLink DSL.  Everything worked fine from day one, and no special settings with the router (an older Linksys WRT54G).

We' re in a rural area serviced by CenturyLink (formerly Embarq).  We've been fortunate to have good, reliable DSL for at least a couple of years.  But because we don't have a good cell phone signal, we got the at&t microcell, and have had absolutely no issues using it with our CenturLink DSL.  Everything worked fine from day one, and no special settings with the router (an older Linksys WRT54G).

Re: Microcell and century link

2 of 2 (1,566 Views)