Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 26, 2011
7:41:27 PM
View profile
Microcell and Tasker

Started using Tasker and I'm really psyched about what it can do.  I need a way to get it to recognize the micorcell as my location instead of the traditional way with cell triangulation....  Obviously if I have the microcell there aren't any freaking ATT cells to triangulate from.

Since I got the MicroCell I can now dump my landline.  I've got an Xtream Xlink coming in and I want to use my cell activate the Bluetooth whenever I'm in range of the MicroCell.  If anyone knows how to do that with Tasker I would love to see how.

Mikec1115

Started using Tasker and I'm really psyched about what it can do.  I need a way to get it to recognize the micorcell as my location instead of the traditional way with cell triangulation....  Obviously if I have the microcell there aren't any freaking ATT cells to triangulate from.

Since I got the MicroCell I can now dump my landline.  I've got an Xtream Xlink coming in and I want to use my cell activate the Bluetooth whenever I'm in range of the MicroCell.  If anyone knows how to do that with Tasker I would love to see how.

Mikec1115

Microcell and Tasker

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 8:12:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Mikec1115 wrote:

Mikec1115

I'm going to show my ignorance here and ask what is Tasker? I wouldn't be so quick to dump your landline. MicroCells still have a lot of issues and can be very tempermental. Mine works well, now, but a month ago after an update it was two week of support bull. My landline *never* goes down and is always crystal clear. The MC on the other hand is another matter all together.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Mikec1115 wrote:

Mikec1115

I'm going to show my ignorance here and ask what is Tasker? I wouldn't be so quick to dump your landline. MicroCells still have a lot of issues and can be very tempermental. Mine works well, now, but a month ago after an update it was two week of support bull. My landline *never* goes down and is always crystal clear. The MC on the other hand is another matter all together.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell and Tasker

2 of 4 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 6:26:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Tasker is a scripting tool that really makes the Droid able to come alive.  Google it and you'll find a bunch of info.

I just got the XLink box in today that allows me to hook all my landline phones up to my cell.  Day one is awesome since the bluetooth reception on the Xlink covers my house pretty well... at least the areas where I'm going to be charging my phones.

But I really need a "tasker" location script that allows me to turn off Bluetooth when I leave home and turn it back on when I get within range of the Microcell.

MikeC

Tasker is a scripting tool that really makes the Droid able to come alive.  Google it and you'll find a bunch of info.

I just got the XLink box in today that allows me to hook all my landline phones up to my cell.  Day one is awesome since the bluetooth reception on the Xlink covers my house pretty well... at least the areas where I'm going to be charging my phones.

But I really need a "tasker" location script that allows me to turn off Bluetooth when I leave home and turn it back on when I get within range of the Microcell.

MikeC

3 of 4 (255 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 6:29:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Good luck. Drop back in and let us know how it works out.

Good luck. Drop back in and let us know how it works out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (253 Views)