Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2011
9:09:09 AM
Microcell Warranty Question?
My MicroCell has been dropping the connection constantly, so they determined I need a new one. I can't remember when I got it, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a year yet. Is there a way to find out with the serial number or something like you can do with Apple products? Thanks in Advance.
My MicroCell has been dropping the connection constantly, so they determined I need a new one. I can't remember when I got it, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a year yet. Is there a way to find out with the serial number or something like you can do with Apple products? Thanks in Advance.
(\__/) (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Microcell Warranty Question?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 11:29:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

amylyn1970 wrote:

I don't remember but doesn't the setup page indicate when you were registered? I hate to say this but call support, open a problem ticket, and get them to authorize a warranty replacement. They should be able to tell when you first registered. Once you get that, you can go to your local corporate store, they will look it up in the system and give you the warranly replacement. Just going down to the store won't work. You have to show a "history" with support that can be verified by the store before the warranty replacement is done. BTW, i always keep my electronics receipts in a folder for times such as this.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

amylyn1970 wrote:

I don't remember but doesn't the setup page indicate when you were registered? I hate to say this but call support, open a problem ticket, and get them to authorize a warranty replacement. They should be able to tell when you first registered. Once you get that, you can go to your local corporate store, they will look it up in the system and give you the warranly replacement. Just going down to the store won't work. You have to show a "history" with support that can be verified by the store before the warranty replacement is done. BTW, i always keep my electronics receipts in a folder for times such as this.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell Warranty Question?

2 of 4 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 12:30:38 PM
(0)
Guru
The setup page doesn't tell. I am getting a warranty replacement, but they couldn't tell me when I purchased it since I bought it from the store. So, if it is out of warranty I will have to pay for it. Pretty stupid IMO. The store is out of them so I had to get one over the phone. I always keep my receipts together, but for some reason this one isn't with them. My husband loves to throw away everything, so I'm guessing that's what happened to it. Thanks for your help.
The setup page doesn't tell. I am getting a warranty replacement, but they couldn't tell me when I purchased it since I bought it from the store. So, if it is out of warranty I will have to pay for it. Pretty stupid IMO. The store is out of them so I had to get one over the phone. I always keep my receipts together, but for some reason this one isn't with them. My husband loves to throw away everything, so I'm guessing that's what happened to it. Thanks for your help.
(\__/) (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

3 of 4 (1,161 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 1:55:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

amylyn1970 wrote:

Hmmm, if support has authorized a warranty replacement then maybe you can aruge the point that if it's a warranty replacement, you get if free. Worth a shot. If support is sending you one, then maybe it will be free. In any case, politely argue with them, they may at least knock $50 or so off of the cost. When MicroCells were selling for $150, I argued with support about the crappy service and the cost of the MicroCell and they took $50 off of mine, and the "discount" was applied at the store, not on my monthly bill.

amylyn1970 wrote:

Hmmm, if support has authorized a warranty replacement then maybe you can aruge the point that if it's a warranty replacement, you get if free. Worth a shot. If support is sending you one, then maybe it will be free. In any case, politely argue with them, they may at least knock $50 or so off of the cost. When MicroCells were selling for $150, I argued with support about the crappy service and the cost of the MicroCell and they took $50 off of mine, and the "discount" was applied at the store, not on my monthly bill.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,153 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments