Microcell Down

Contributor

Microcell Down

I live in Redondo Beach, Ca.

Last night I connected my Microcell and it worked.

I woke up this morning to a blinking 3G light. The power, Ethernet, and GPS are all SOLID.

We had a lot of rain in the middle of the night.

I disconnected the power cord and plugged it back in. Still not working.

Deactivated and activated Microcell. Still not working.

I have waited about 90 mins and still not working.

Any tips?
Message 1 of 5 (718 Views)
Tutor

Re: completely Down

Me too. I'm down completely in Malibu for 2 days

In 6 months I've had the usual failed call - slow response but now I have no microcell connection with iphone 3GS

I tried deactivating- reactivating. rebooting fios modem, rebooting microcell. resetting network settings on iphone. None of that helps.

Message 2 of 5 (690 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Microcell Down

I tried rebooting my phone 3-4x which always worked before but not today, then hours later on a whim I put it into airplane mode for a minute and then took it off.
Presto, mcell is working again. How ridiculous. I can't believe AT&T sells this.
Message 3 of 5 (653 Views)
Contributor

I have had the same issue. About two weeks ago my Micro Cell suddenly stopped connecting to 3g but I have not changed the set up of it at all. There has been nothing to bring this on. I called ATT and they re-registered the device but that has not helped. I don't know what to do next but would love some suggestions.

Message 4 of 5 (596 Views)
ACE - Master

Sounds like AT&T did an update (they usually do those in the middle of the night) and now it can't sync with the AT&T servers. Happened to me back in March and I was without service for about 10 days, with multiple calls to the now famously clueless Customer Support. Two warranty replacements later, port forwarding to a static IP address, and all has been fine since. None of which should have been necessary but in my case, it worked. If your phones are iPhone's, it could be related to that as well. All you can do is keep calling support, document who you talk to and when, and try to be polite (more apt to get help).

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (588 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.