09-23-2010 7:54 PM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I seek help setting up my Microcell with my network. Here are the facts:
1) It used to work when i first set it up (bought it about a month ago and worked fine for about a week and a half).
2) I did not change any configuration what so ever.
3) After about a week and the Bars light on the Microcell started to blink so i unplugged it and replugged it back in (like att instructs us to do). but that did not fix it. i tried set up Options A B C for physical setup. to my disappointment, nothing worked. Its been about 2 weeks now and it hasnt worked (all lights are solid but the 3G bars light)
4) Here is my set-up: I have Comcast as my ISP. Motorola SB5101 > Belkin N1 Vision router > 3G Microcell.
5) I have tried all the troubleshoots found on this forum; from using coordinates to find out exact address to just about anything!)
I am now very frustrated with this POS! I called customer care about a dozen times and they were absolutely of no help. So i come to you brilliant folks. Please if you have any insight or solutions to this problem, please let me know! It would be of great help!
09-24-2010 6:15 PM
I have the same issue... and, while there is lots of information about this problem, it doesn't seem to fix my issue either. Just letting you know I'm out looking for answers myself...
09-25-2010 9:13 AM
09-25-2010 5:21 PM
Thanks for you response. I left it the way it was and deactivated and reactivated it with the same settings that i had when it was working. Waited it out for 2 weeks and still nothing.
So i contacted Belkin and they tell me that the microcell is not compatible with my Router????
So i gave up and then i put my microcell behind my Vonage modem and to my surprise, Vonage portal gives you all those options that AT&T requires inorder for the microcell to work. So i set everything to their specifications and now its been 7 hours, still the light is blinking. i'll wait till morning to see if it has activated and if not then i'll exchange it for a different one.
So we'll see what happens. I'll post back with results tomorrow.
11-09-2010 9:49 PM
Have had my microcell for a couple months- need it as the towers are weak here... periodically the bars flash and I lose service, weekly at least but usually only for an hour or so. Its been out for two days this time and despite all the serious warnings i've seen on line about not resetting, i unplugged it and plugged it back in... up and working 15 minutes later.
02-09-2011 9:47 PM
Something is definately up with Belkin - I have a Belkin G Wireless router & updated firmware, then, my microcell went out. Had to restore older firmware 3.00.02......back working again. Drove me nuts!
03-28-2011 5:39 PM - edited 03-28-2011 5:43 PM
I have a Cisco router (Cisco makes Linksys, so it might apply there too). After 2 weeks of failure at everything I tried, this suggestion worked for me:
I just had to go into the setting of my router and unblock multicast packets and my microcell activated a few short minutes later.
My Cisco blocks multicast packets by default. The router sees that as an attack. I just had to tell it to stop that. The settings for me are under the Firewall, in a section called Attacks. This will be different on most people's routers, of course, but maybe that will give you an idea on what to look for.
03-28-2011 8:13 PM
I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare
03-28-2011 10:23 PM
Are your port settings set up correctly on the firewall? Here are the settings that I used. I just got my Microcell so I don't know what ATT had set up in the past.