Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 13, 2011
9:46:27 AM
View profile
MicroCell simply will not activate

After spending hours online with tech support and several phone calls, I began troubleshooting with guidance from several boards and links. When my device kept rebooting while awaiting activation, I decided (after a few hours) to unregister the device, and register it again. This didn't work, so I decided to power everything down and bring it back up with one more unregister/reregister trick. This time, I got a brand new error:

"FTC012: Registration failed due to customer profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500. [AFA|AddFemtocellAddress|90000000001] " I once again called AT&T, but this time they took my information and told me it would be next week before anyone could get back to me. In the meantime, I have such bad reception, my family cannot use our phones in our new house in South Jacksonville, FL. The above error follows the old error stating the device could not activate, even though AT&T tech support saw the device and promised if I just be a little bit more patient, it would activate. I've been patient 24 hours! C'Mon AT&T!! How 'bout some help???

After spending hours online with tech support and several phone calls, I began troubleshooting with guidance from several boards and links. When my device kept rebooting while awaiting activation, I decided (after a few hours) to unregister the device, and register it again. This didn't work, so I decided to power everything down and bring it back up with one more unregister/reregister trick. This time, I got a brand new error:

"FTC012: Registration failed due to customer profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500. [AFA|AddFemtocellAddress|90000000001] " I once again called AT&T, but this time they took my information and told me it would be next week before anyone could get back to me. In the meantime, I have such bad reception, my family cannot use our phones in our new house in South Jacksonville, FL. The above error follows the old error stating the device could not activate, even though AT&T tech support saw the device and promised if I just be a little bit more patient, it would activate. I've been patient 24 hours! C'Mon AT&T!! How 'bout some help???

MicroCell simply will not activate

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 10:53:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

silencist wrote:

That is so typical of AT&T support. Myself and others have had lots of horror stories with AT&T MicroCell support so you're not alone, if that helps any. I've seen other reports from the South Florida area so maybe your problem is compounded by just plain spotty tower coverage.
You didn't say but is the GPS light solid and only the 3G is blinking? Have you tried port forwarding and assigning a permanent IP address via the MAC address to the MicroCell?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

silencist wrote:

That is so typical of AT&T support. Myself and others have had lots of horror stories with AT&T MicroCell support so you're not alone, if that helps any. I've seen other reports from the South Florida area so maybe your problem is compounded by just plain spotty tower coverage.
You didn't say but is the GPS light solid and only the 3G is blinking? Have you tried port forwarding and assigning a permanent IP address via the MAC address to the MicroCell?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MicroCell simply will not activate

2 of 6 (1,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 12:15:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Power, Internet, and GPS lights are solid. The 3G light blinks and after awhile resets the unit causing a reboopt of the MicroCell. Very frustrating!

Power, Internet, and GPS lights are solid. The 3G light blinks and after awhile resets the unit causing a reboopt of the MicroCell. Very frustrating!

3 of 6 (1,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 1:01:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Maybe it has something to do with the reported outage of the registration process nationwide for the next coupld of days.

Maybe it has something to do with the reported outage of the registration process nationwide for the next coupld of days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2011 4:36:31 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hi there, I got the same error. Were you ever able to resolve the problem? Its getting so frustrating for me? any help will be appreciated.
Hi there, I got the same error. Were you ever able to resolve the problem? Its getting so frustrating for me? any help will be appreciated.

5 of 6 (814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 10:15:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've got the same problems.  My microcell will not activate in either of two locations that it has worked fine in the past.  

I've got the same problems.  My microcell will not activate in either of two locations that it has worked fine in the past.  

6 of 6 (748 Views)