Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 24, 2011
1:39:47 PM
MicroCell problems or ATT communications problem?
Edited by ShaunMN on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:32:44 PM

I've had a MicroCell for over a year but since May 2011, I have had problems not only with the MicroCell but with Tech Support Managers.  Every time my problem gets escalated to a Manager,I get their call back number.

I have left 1,2 or 3 voice mails for Doug , Mari and Rich {Personal content removed for safety}.  Not one Manager has given me the courtesy of a call back.

How does someone get advanced help without having to start at the bottom every time? 

I've had a MicroCell for over a year but since May 2011, I have had problems not only with the MicroCell but with Tech Support Managers.  Every time my problem gets escalated to a Manager,I get their call back number.

I have left 1,2 or 3 voice mails for Doug , Mari and Rich {Personal content removed for safety}.  Not one Manager has given me the courtesy of a call back.

How does someone get advanced help without having to start at the bottom every time? 

MicroCell problems or ATT communications problem?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 2:48:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

CaptJames wrote:

You don't. If you get a competent support person (there are a few) and politely explain to them that you've been here before, they may be able to escalate you up to the next tier. Unfortuately, the folks at level one who take the initial calls don't get support from above so it's a circus. Even when you are told you'll get a courtesy call back in a day or so, it never, or rarely happens. We are supposed to have two new moderators here but I think they only thing they do is censor the complaints for "personal safety". Very little, if at all, gets reported back to senior levels. If it did, and they were serious about "customer support", there would be some sort of network or problem status on this page and there's not. Tell us what your problem is and maybe somebody here can help because you can't depend on AT&T Support for help.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

CaptJames wrote:

You don't. If you get a competent support person (there are a few) and politely explain to them that you've been here before, they may be able to escalate you up to the next tier. Unfortuately, the folks at level one who take the initial calls don't get support from above so it's a circus. Even when you are told you'll get a courtesy call back in a day or so, it never, or rarely happens. We are supposed to have two new moderators here but I think they only thing they do is censor the complaints for "personal safety". Very little, if at all, gets reported back to senior levels. If it did, and they were serious about "customer support", there would be some sort of network or problem status on this page and there's not. Tell us what your problem is and maybe somebody here can help because you can't depend on AT&T Support for help.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MicroCell problems or ATT communications problem?

2 of 5 (1,642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2011 5:22:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

My problem is that when I talk using the Microcell, very often, I'm told that my audio sounds like I'm on a cell phone. Fading in and out and sometime lost long enough for the other party to hang up. 

I'm using an Iphone 4 with Wifi, Location services and Cellular data turned off.

I'm on a Time Warner cable with a .80 Mbps minimum upload speed and a 8.0 Mbps download speed. I had Time Warner visit last week to confirm the connection.

The Microcell is connected in priority mode.

What else can I do to solve this problem.

My problem is that when I talk using the Microcell, very often, I'm told that my audio sounds like I'm on a cell phone. Fading in and out and sometime lost long enough for the other party to hang up. 

I'm using an Iphone 4 with Wifi, Location services and Cellular data turned off.

I'm on a Time Warner cable with a .80 Mbps minimum upload speed and a 8.0 Mbps download speed. I had Time Warner visit last week to confirm the connection.

3 of 5 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2011 9:54:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

CaptJames wrote:

There seems to be a lot of issues with iPhone 3GSs and iPhone 4s and it's hard to detemine if it's the iPhone, the MC, or both. We have iPhones with none of the reported problems so it's not a universal problem. When you say iPhone 4 with WiFi I'm assuming you're still trying to connect via 3G and is your TW cable an all-in-one box (cable modem and router) or do you have separates? My connection is non-priority, DSL ->router->MC.

CaptJames wrote:

There seems to be a lot of issues with iPhone 3GSs and iPhone 4s and it's hard to detemine if it's the iPhone, the MC, or both. We have iPhones with none of the reported problems so it's not a universal problem. When you say iPhone 4 with WiFi I'm assuming you're still trying to connect via 3G and is your TW cable an all-in-one box (cable modem and router) or do you have separates? My connection is non-priority, DSL ->router->MC.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (1,583 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 8:09:23 AM
(0)
Guru
Choppy audio in the outgoing direction is probably a QoS issue. But if your Microcell is in the priority mode configuration, that shouldn't be possible. You must have other devices upstream of your Microcell using up the uplink bandwidth.
Choppy audio in the outgoing direction is probably a QoS issue. But if your Microcell is in the priority mode configuration, that shouldn't be possible. You must have other devices upstream of your Microcell using up the uplink bandwidth.

5 of 5 (1,551 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments