Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2010
1:47:31 PM
View profile
MicroCell not working.

After two days of phones calls and returning the first MicroCell the thing finally works. The first day I spent over an hour on the phone with no fix on my problem. After AT&T could not help me they told me to return it for a new unit thinking it was defective, I don't think it was defective. After getting the new unit I followed the steps for set up, and neither my iPhone 4 or my wifes iPhone 3 would discover the MicroCell. After getting home from work I pulled the sim out of the iPhone 3 and put it in the old LG Vue and it instantly picked up the MicroCell. I still had no luck with putting the sim card back in the iPhone 3 or with my iPhone 4. I then went in to my account and disconnected and registered the unit 2 times, after a couple of minutes all the lights on the unit had turned solid, then I turned both phones off completely. I waited about 30 mins and put the sim back in the LG Vue and it worked, then I powered on the iphone 4 and it was working on the MicroCell. After that I put the sim back in the iphone 3 and powered it on and it works on the MicroCell now. When I leave the house it will not connect unless I go to airplane mode and then it will reconnect. 

I think issues are, following directions on set up

Giving it some time to properly activate, even if the lights are all on it may not be ready.

After two days of phones calls and returning the first MicroCell the thing finally works. The first day I spent over an hour on the phone with no fix on my problem. After AT&T could not help me they told me to return it for a new unit thinking it was defective, I don't think it was defective. After getting the new unit I followed the steps for set up, and neither my iPhone 4 or my wifes iPhone 3 would discover the MicroCell. After getting home from work I pulled the sim out of the iPhone 3 and put it in the old LG Vue and it instantly picked up the MicroCell. I still had no luck with putting the sim card back in the iPhone 3 or with my iPhone 4. I then went in to my account and disconnected and registered the unit 2 times, after a couple of minutes all the lights on the unit had turned solid, then I turned both phones off completely. I waited about 30 mins and put the sim back in the LG Vue and it worked, then I powered on the iphone 4 and it was working on the MicroCell. After that I put the sim back in the iphone 3 and powered it on and it works on the MicroCell now. When I leave the house it will not connect unless I go to airplane mode and then it will reconnect. 

I think issues are, following directions on set up

Giving it some time to properly activate, even if the lights are all on it may not be ready.

MicroCell not working.

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments