MicroCell in North Carolina - Horrible Service

Teacher

MicroCell in North Carolina - Horrible Service

I have had my MicroCell here in Greenville, NC for about 10 months, and it has done very little to ease my AT&T frustrations.  I regularly experience issues such as:

- Call Quality Problems: Others report that my voice cuts in and out.  I usually have to call them back.

- Outages: The MicroCell seems to intermittently become unavailable.  

Has anyone else in NC dealt with these issues?  And/or resolved them?

(I work in IT, so many times I have been through all of the standard troubleshooting steps) 

Message 1 of 24 (2,133 Views)

Re: MicroCell in North Carolina - Horrible Service

[ Edited ]

A contract is a promise fromone party to the other. Both parties make a promise to each other therefore a meeting of the minds takes place.  Im having similar problems in Phoenix AZ with both service and the Micro Cell.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 16 of 24 (1,178 Views)
Mentor

In Kannapolis. Call quality is poor. a lot of the time when someone calls they sound like crap and we have to call them back to get a better connection. Sometimes when trying to make a call you dial and just sit there and nothing happens. Have to end the call and try again. I just upgraded my connection from 10mb down and 1 up. Now have 25mb down and 5mb up and still have the  same issue. I sometimes will have to just unplug the dam thing and walk outside to keep a connection on a call.

Message 17 of 24 (1,146 Views)
Mentor

Microcell is being extra stupid today. Won't let me send any text messages. Fantastic!!
Message 18 of 24 (1,116 Views)
Mentor

M Cell went down around 3:45pm today.  It held up strong during the hurricane.  And now it's down.  ughhh!!!

Message 19 of 24 (1,093 Views)
Contributor

Tmhasset, I too live in Greenville NC. I have been debating whether to get the microcell because I am unsure of the reliability it will provide.  I was just wondering where in Greenville you live so I could get a better idea as to how the coverage will work.  I live off of Stantonsburg Road close to the hospital. Is this in the vicinity in which you live?
Also, is the Microcell returnable once you purchase it?  I will greatly appreciate any help or insight you can provide me. Thanks.

Message 20 of 24 (1,047 Views)
Teacher

Movogt, it's not a perfect technology, but it does help.  Especially if you have a weak/no signal at your place.  My understanding is that the Microcell is now free, and I think you can return in 30 days.  

Really, reliability doesn't depend on where you live.  It depends on your ISP and AT&T's backend Microcell systems.  Do you have Suddenlink?  The 10MB residential package?  If so, you're pretty much good to go.  (I live on the eastern side of Greenville, near Brook Valley)  

Message 21 of 24 (1,068 Views)
Contributor

I am not sure if I have the 10MB package or not. My internet is provided by my apartment complex but it is Suddenlink. 
It would be nice if it was free, but I feel that is extremely hard to believe.  I guess I will just have to give it a shot and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Message 22 of 24 (1,066 Views)

for what it's worth it is horible in California as well - not just on October 31st Halloween day...every day.

Love high tech headhackes

SF

Message 23 of 24 (1,043 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

More horrible performance in the form of:

- Voice quality.  I'll be speaking with someone and they'll say "hello, hello, are you there?"  As if I'm losing my coverage. 

- Phone not attaching.  My phone has issues with attaching to the microcell.  

I really hope that none of AT&T's customers actually PAY for this service!!

Message 24 of 24 (1,004 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.