Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2011
1:56:58 PM
MicroCell Time

Hi.

My Microcell is broadcasting the wrong time.  It's an hour ahead.

After two calls to tech support I finally found out that it's an 'outage' in Arizona only, and that they are working on it.

Just letting everyone know.

Don in Phoenix

Hi.

My Microcell is broadcasting the wrong time.  It's an hour ahead.

After two calls to tech support I finally found out that it's an 'outage' in Arizona only, and that they are working on it.

Just letting everyone know.

Don in Phoenix

MicroCell Time

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 3:15:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by bbbobbb1 on Sep 23, 2011 at 3:15:53 PM

I was just going to post the same thing that the time setting is screwed up here in AZ...I have set my phone manually to Denver for now, been like this since early this morning.

I was just going to post the same thing that the time setting is screwed up here in AZ...I have set my phone manually to Denver for now, been like this since early this morning.

Re: MicroCell Time

[ Edited ]
2 of 25 (2,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 7:31:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes this began happening to me this morning as well.  I'm in Gold Canyon AZ.  Not sure if it is that specific, but it is broadcasting one hour ahead.  Woke up an hour early for work today.  :-O  Please address, AT&T.  

Yes this began happening to me this morning as well.  I'm in Gold Canyon AZ.  Not sure if it is that specific, but it is broadcasting one hour ahead.  Woke up an hour early for work today.  :-O  Please address, AT&T.  

3 of 25 (1,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 10:35:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

Still screwed up, more than 12 hours later, or is it 13 hours later? Smiley Happy

Still screwed up, more than 12 hours later, or is it 13 hours later? Smiley Happy

4 of 25 (1,981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 2:32:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

I called to check on the status of the problem.

I was told the time issue is 'trending' and has to reach a certain limit for them to fix the problem.

Could that be incorrect?

Your thoughts?

Don

Hi.

I called to check on the status of the problem.

I was told the time issue is 'trending' and has to reach a certain limit for them to fix the problem.

Could that be incorrect?

Your thoughts?

Don

5 of 25 (1,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 2:49:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

"trending", What a bad repsonse from ATT.  I don't put it past them though in not fully thinking about the problem.

I am in Tucson,  you are in Phoenix, our other Zonie is in Gold Canyon.  Not knowing enough about the number of MicroCells in AZ and their revision/software level I am still guessing all of them have the wrong time.  

I am also guessing that the issue was due to an update mistake since the device kept the right time up until yesterday.

What number did you call to report, I will call and help them better understand that the trend is going in the wrong direction?

"trending", What a bad repsonse from ATT.  I don't put it past them though in not fully thinking about the problem.

I am in Tucson,  you are in Phoenix, our other Zonie is in Gold Canyon.  Not knowing enough about the number of MicroCells in AZ and their revision/software level I am still guessing all of them have the wrong time.  

I am also guessing that the issue was due to an update mistake since the device kept the right time up until yesterday.

What number did you call to report, I will call and help them better understand that the trend is going in the wrong direction?

6 of 25 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 3:23:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

I called 800-331-0500 and selected the options for support and then for MicroCell support.

Don

Hi.

I called 800-331-0500 and selected the options for support and then for MicroCell support.

Don

7 of 25 (1,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 3:46:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, the happy and friendly ATT rep did say that it has passed through the "trending" stage and they are working on fixing it.

No ETA about when that will be, the rep assumed within a few days.

OK, the happy and friendly ATT rep did say that it has passed through the "trending" stage and they are working on fixing it.

No ETA about when that will be, the rep assumed within a few days.

8 of 25 (1,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 3:49:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having trouble with my microcell time in Chandler AZ too. An hour ahead.

Patti

I'm having trouble with my microcell time in Chandler AZ too. An hour ahead.

Patti

9 of 25 (1,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 5:55:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Bad AT&T, bad AT&T

Bad AT&T, bad AT&T

10 of 25 (1,867 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 3:26:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just got an annoying call from ATT asking me to answer survey questions on how well they did when I called them on Saturday.

Their results will be flawed since they are asking the wrong questions. One of them was how satisfied I was with the options provided by the rep to fix my issue. I tried to explain that there were no options offered and the time is still wrong. The canvasser was trained well enough to ignore my comments and just ask the question two more times before I gave up and picked a middle answer.

The Saturday rep was great, courteous, involved, etc., the problem still exists, I tried to explain that the questions were not developed enough for the distinction between the rep and the problem. Rep gets a 10, ATT gets a 1(worst score).

Feh.

I just got an annoying call from ATT asking me to answer survey questions on how well they did when I called them on Saturday.

Their results will be flawed since they are asking the wrong questions. One of them was how satisfied I was with the options provided by the rep to fix my issue. I tried to explain that there were no options offered and the time is still wrong. The canvasser was trained well enough to ignore my comments and just ask the question two more times before I gave up and picked a middle answer.

The Saturday rep was great, courteous, involved, etc., the problem still exists, I tried to explain that the questions were not developed enough for the distinction between the rep and the problem. Rep gets a 10, ATT gets a 1(worst score).

Feh.

11 of 25 (1,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 7:58:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

26 SEP 2011 7:56pm AZ time (correct time) not ATT 3G microcell time.

Still no resolution from ATT.  My explanation was that this was a "new" and unknown problem.

Any news from other fellow Arizonians???

26 SEP 2011 7:56pm AZ time (correct time) not ATT 3G microcell time.

Still no resolution from ATT.  My explanation was that this was a "new" and unknown problem.

Any news from other fellow Arizonians???

12 of 25 (1,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 11:02:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

I've been calling every day and they just say they are working on it.

Today is day 4.

What's taking so long???

Don

Hi.

I've been calling every day and they just say they are working on it.

Today is day 4.

What's taking so long???

Don

13 of 25 (1,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 8:41:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

We've been having problems with our 4 iPhones on our M-Cell system all week, here in Phoenix.

It's only on the M-cell, and only in AZ.  I travel across the country regularly and it's fine until I get home.

9/27 and the boneheads still haven't fixed the problem!

We've been having problems with our 4 iPhones on our M-Cell system all week, here in Phoenix.

It's only on the M-cell, and only in AZ.  I travel across the country regularly and it's fine until I get home.

9/27 and the boneheads still haven't fixed the problem!

14 of 25 (1,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 9:04:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

By the way, if you go into Settings-Genereal-Date & Time, you can turn OFF the "Set Automatically" button.  The time will revert to proper AZ time.  

Obviously if you head to another time zone you may have to re-activate in order to update the time.

By the way, if you go into Settings-Genereal-Date & Time, you can turn OFF the "Set Automatically" button.  The time will revert to proper AZ time.  

Obviously if you head to another time zone you may have to re-activate in order to update the time.

15 of 25 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 7:45:46 PM
(0)
Voyager
I had no idea that AZ switched to MST to MDT on the first day of fall. Anyhow according to Cisco, this will be fixed On November 6. At exactly 3:00 in the morning.

I had no idea that AZ switched to MST to MDT on the first day of fall. Anyhow according to Cisco, this will be fixed On November 6. At exactly 3:00 in the morning.

16 of 25 (1,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 8:01:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just curious, I know Cisco makes the MicroCell, from where does your information come on this fix?

And waiting till November for this fix is  really poor service from ATT, if this true very soon now this mistake will start hitting the radar of computer pundits everywhere....

Just curious, I know Cisco makes the MicroCell, from where does your information come on this fix?

And waiting till November for this fix is  really poor service from ATT, if this true very soon now this mistake will start hitting the radar of computer pundits everywhere....

17 of 25 (1,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 10:30:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

Arizona does not change time, ever Smiley Happy

Don

Hi.

Arizona does not change time, ever Smiley Happy

Don

18 of 25 (1,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 7:57:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 1, 2011 at 8:24:50 PM

WOW!  I've been out of town for a week and assumed this would be fixed by now.  {word filter evasion}?  C'mon AT&T.  Sheesh.  

WOW!  I've been out of town for a week and assumed this would be fixed by now.  {word filter evasion}?  C'mon AT&T.  Sheesh.  

[ Edited ]
19 of 25 (1,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 6:06:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
One week later, and the problem still exists. I am in N Scottsdale.
One week later, and the problem still exists. I am in N Scottsdale.

20 of 25 (1,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:41:33 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by nsayer on Oct 9, 2011 at 8:42:15 AM

I'll bet you $50 it won't be fixed before Thanksgiving.

Oh, wait. By then DST will be over. I retract.

I'll bet you $50 it won't be fixed before Thanksgiving.

Oh, wait. By then DST will be over. I retract.

[ Edited ]
21 of 25 (1,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 12:57:04 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

It was fixed Saturday Smiley Happy

Restart your MicroCell if your time is still off.

Don

Hi.

It was fixed Saturday Smiley Happy

Restart your MicroCell if your time is still off.

Don

22 of 25 (1,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:14:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well that is good news, works for me and I haven't rebooted the MicroCell.

However I am now time zoned to Cupertino, which is fine, do I assume this is a temp fix or will I be time zoned into Denver in November?

I could have sworn I had selected Phoenix for the last couple of years and it always worked which means that there was no Daylight Saving time adjustments...

Well that is good news, works for me and I haven't rebooted the MicroCell.

However I am now time zoned to Cupertino, which is fine, do I assume this is a temp fix or will I be time zoned into Denver in November?

I could have sworn I had selected Phoenix for the last couple of years and it always worked which means that there was no Daylight Saving time adjustments...

23 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:10:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

two weeks to fix this problem is pathetic

two weeks to fix this problem is pathetic

24 of 25 (1,345 Views)