Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 13, 2011
10:49:47 AM
View profile
MicroCell Outage Nationwide until 05/16/2011

Just got off the phone with customer serivce to report being unable to activate due to FTC012 (profile error), and she said there is a nationwide MicroCell outage that is apparently affecting either users trying to activate or MicroCell users in general - couldn't really tell. Either way - go AT&T! Can't even use your serive after buying a booster device! Can't say I didn't try!

Just got off the phone with customer serivce to report being unable to activate due to FTC012 (profile error), and she said there is a nationwide MicroCell outage that is apparently affecting either users trying to activate or MicroCell users in general - couldn't really tell. Either way - go AT&T! Can't even use your serive after buying a booster device! Can't say I didn't try!

MicroCell Outage Nationwide until 05/16/2011

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 11:01:55 AM
(0)
Professor

silencist wrote:

The issues are with activation and adding new lines. AT&T is currently in the process of upgrading the online service website that the Microcell settings site is tied to. I've been having some issues of my own.  I'm not sure when the new site will launch and everything starts to get back to normal. AT&T just keeps saying, soon.

silencist wrote:

The issues are with activation and adding new lines. AT&T is currently in the process of upgrading the online service website that the Microcell settings site is tied to. I've been having some issues of my own.  I'm not sure when the new site will launch and everything starts to get back to normal. AT&T just keeps saying, soon.

Re: MicroCell Outage Nationwide until 05/16/2011

2 of 11 (1,693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 5:21:07 PM
(0)
Guru

It is inconceivable that there is no way that they could have performed this upgrade with an outage that lasted only an hour or two.

No, this is just more evidence that AT&T Does. Not. Care.

It is inconceivable that there is no way that they could have performed this upgrade with an outage that lasted only an hour or two.

3 of 11 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 6:15:56 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by sitnsidewayz on May 14, 2011 at 6:18:38 PM

nsayer wrote:

For them to take down as much functionality as they have, I'm thinking this may be a major system upgrade and not just some update. I'm not talking the Microcell. The Microcell is mainly being effected because it is tied to OLAM.

nsayer wrote:

For them to take down as much functionality as they have, I'm thinking this may be a major system upgrade and not just some update. I'm not talking the Microcell. The Microcell is mainly being effected because it is tied to OLAM.

[ Edited ]
4 of 11 (1,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 3:38:28 AM
(0)
Guru

I used to work at Netflix. I was part of some fairly major changes. They were never down, so far as I remember, for longer than a few hours for anything - even when stuff actually broke on them. There's no reasonable excuse for a website to be down for 24 hours, let alone longer.

I used to work at Netflix. I was part of some fairly major changes. They were never down, so far as I remember, for longer than a few hours for anything - even when stuff actually broke on them. There's no reasonable excuse for a website to be down for 24 hours, let alone longer.

5 of 11 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 6:16:37 AM
(0)
Professor

nsayer wrote:

We just did a complete software change at the corporation that I work for. It involved several shops in different parts of the country. We had a blackout period of ten days. We are still working through the glitches. In AT&T's case, they would need to thoroughly test everything before going live. Not that I am making any excuses for AT&T. I already hate how it takes forever to do things and is so poor at communicating to it's customers, but you have to bear in mind the millions of customers AT&T has that are tied into the system. Updates, usually even major ones, are usually under 24hrs, but when doing major changeovers, they can be days.

nsayer wrote:

We just did a complete software change at the corporation that I work for. It involved several shops in different parts of the country. We had a blackout period of ten days. We are still working through the glitches. In AT&T's case, they would need to thoroughly test everything before going live. Not that I am making any excuses for AT&T. I already hate how it takes forever to do things and is so poor at communicating to it's customers, but you have to bear in mind the millions of customers AT&T has that are tied into the system. Updates, usually even major ones, are usually under 24hrs, but when doing major changeovers, they can be days.

6 of 11 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 11:59:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

My MicroCell is working fine. I just power-cycled everything because I was testing my sis-in-laws router (for un-related issues) and the MicroCell synced in 5 minutes with GPS and 3G. My setup is "normal" mode with port forwarding to the MicroCell which has it's own assigned IP address. Maybe the outage only affects new accounts that haven't been activated yet or someone adding another phone number onto an existing account.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

My MicroCell is working fine. I just power-cycled everything because I was testing my sis-in-laws router (for un-related issues) and the MicroCell synced in 5 minutes with GPS and 3G. My setup is "normal" mode with port forwarding to the MicroCell which has it's own assigned IP address. Maybe the outage only affects new accounts that haven't been activated yet or someone adding another phone number onto an existing account.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 11 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 12:07:28 PM
(0)
Professor

Otto Pylot wrote:

Yes, the settings menu is tied to OLAM. My Microcell works fine too. I have a new number that I added and wouldn't take. I had to call in so they could add it. I also have a new phone on an existing line. Since the line already had approval, it connects fine, but the system doesn't recognize the device, so I get a warning about it in the settings menu.

Otto Pylot wrote:

Yes, the settings menu is tied to OLAM. My Microcell works fine too. I have a new number that I added and wouldn't take. I had to call in so they could add it. I also have a new phone on an existing line. Since the line already had approval, it connects fine, but the system doesn't recognize the device, so I get a warning about it in the settings menu.

8 of 11 (1,442 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2011 2:23:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, i was told it only affect new activations. Still no word from AT&T when I will get my microcell activated.

Yes, i was told it only affect new activations. Still no word from AT&T when I will get my microcell activated.

9 of 11 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 3:40:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
So any word on this? Been trying to activate microcell since yesterday. Have all ports and settings as suggested.
So any word on this? Been trying to activate microcell since yesterday. Have all ports and settings as suggested.

10 of 11 (689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 5:59:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
Spoiler
My Microcell has been down for the last three days. Power reset the microcell several times. Power reset the router and Cable modem several times. Has network connection but status light is red. How much longer does the worldwide outage last?

Spoiler
My Microcell has been down for the last three days. Power reset the microcell several times. Power reset the router and Cable modem several times. Has network connection but status light is red. How much longer does the worldwide outage last?

11 of 11 (327 Views)