Helpful Links

MicroCell Activation Process Experience - Satellite

Contributor

MicroCell Activation Process Experience - Satellite

Received a free MicroCell this weekend and hooked it up to my network to begin the 90 minute wait process as everything was registered at the AT&T store.  I received all the appropriate lighting and the blinking 5 bar light.

48 hours later...

Still have a blinking 5 bar light so called Cust. Support.  Was told that because I am on WildBlue for my net connection, a temporary net option for this month, I will not be able to complete the process because as it is a satellite connection, "data is only sent in packets, and not in a constant stream, it will not work".  So, at this point, I just need to wait for my solid connection and see how it goes from there.  Hope this helps somone in the future.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: MicroCell Activation Process Experience - Satellite

XanthViper wrote:

Received a free MicroCell this weekend and hooked it up to my network to begin the 90 minute wait process as everything was registered at the AT&T store.  I received all the appropriate lighting and the blinking 5 bar light.

48 hours later...

Still have a blinking 5 bar light so called Cust. Support.  Was told that because I am on WildBlue for my net connection, a temporary net option for this month, I will not be able to complete the process because as it is a satellite connection, "data is only sent in packets, and not in a constant stream, it will not work".  So, at this point, I just need to wait for my solid connection and see how it goes from there.  Hope this helps somone in the future.

That's interesting. Hadn't thought about someone using a MicroCell with a satellinte internet connection. I suppose that does make sense though if the MicroCell is looking for data in a particular way.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: MicroCell Activation Process Experience - Satellite

Typical satellite internet connections have way, way too much latency for any VoIP use. There are exceptions, but they tend to be based on LEO satellites like Iridium, and they're whacky-expensive.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support