Messenger Login Problem

Messenger Login Problem

I'm liking the Aria so far, and very glad to see the manual is now available for downloading.

I use Messenger for chat. I cannot sign in using Wi-Fi. I get an Unable to sign in error message with the Detail 'A network error occurred'.

Using the data connection, Edge or 3G it signs in fine. Any ideas as to why will be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (923 Views)
Employee

Re: Messenger Login Problem

I havent had that issue, I use Windows Live/MSN Messenger on my Aria and signing in isnt an issue. As for being able to use it over wifi, this has been a long standing "issue" in that AT&T doesnt allow it on their devices, the IM client must use the 3G network.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (900 Views)

Re: Messenger Login Problem

Thanks for the reply.

I use Live messenger also. I suspected this was due to an ATT restriction. I use the phone at home 90% of the time, and being out in the boonies, can only connect on Edge, which is why I want to use our home wifi.

I have found that a way around the restriction and can use Messenger with wifi now.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3 (892 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.