Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2011
1:15:06 PM
View profile
Messages > 160 char won't send.

I own an LG Quantum, and when I send the messages they appear to go through, but they don't. I've been sitting next to multiple people and have sent them at 160+ char message, and they never get it. The shorter messages send fine. I've never seen this problem before. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

I own an LG Quantum, and when I send the messages they appear to go through, but they don't. I've been sitting next to multiple people and have sent them at 160+ char message, and they never get it. The shorter messages send fine. I've never seen this problem before. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Messages > 160 char won't send.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 10:33:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I guess the only solution is to break the message up into two or more parts if it's over 160 characters. That's how they show up on non-AT&T phones, anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I guess the only solution is to break the message up into two or more parts if it's over 160 characters. That's how they show up on non-AT&T phones, anyway.

Hope this helps.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Messages > 160 char won't send.

2 of 4 (547 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 3:09:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem, and it is VERY frustrating. I have the HTC surround... which is Windows Mobile, just like your LG Quantum. I have three others phones on my line that are Android or the Iphone and they get sent. I am assuming its Windows.

I am having the same problem, and it is VERY frustrating. I have the HTC surround... which is Windows Mobile, just like your LG Quantum. I have three others phones on my line that are Android or the Iphone and they get sent. I am assuming its Windows.

3 of 4 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 3:13:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Wait! I found a solution, update your phone thru the Zune software Smiley Happy the new update fixe mine.

Wait! I found a solution, update your phone thru the Zune software Smiley Happy the new update fixe mine.

4 of 4 (513 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments