Memory Card problem

Contributor

Memory Card problem

I bought the AT&t Universal 2gb MicroSD Moblie Memory kit and for some reason when I place it into my computer it doesnt pop up.  The computers light goes on in the tower cofirming there is infact a card in there, and I tried it on my brothers comp and it worked fine there, but the music and videos are on this computer.  Does anyone know what files, or programs I must look up, or install to get this to work I already have windows media player.  Thank you for your help.

-Pat
Message 1 of 3 (1,836 Views)
Expert

Re: Memory Card problem

Patmo0126 wrote:
     I bought the AT&t Universal 2gb MicroSD Moblie Memory kit and for some reason when I place it into my computer it doesnt pop up.  The computers light goes on in the tower cofirming there is infact a card in there, and I tried it on my brothers comp and it worked fine there, but the music and videos are on this computer.  Does anyone know what files, or programs I must look up, or install to get this to work I already have windows media player.  Thank you for your help.
     -Pat

The card woirks in the other computer and not in yours, try using a different card reader and see if it then works in your computer.
Message 2 of 3 (1,821 Views)
Scholar

Re: Memory Card problem

The card could very well be read, but windows just isn't responding properly. Assuming that you're using windows.. When your card is in, try going to your 'Start' menu and then clicking on "My Computer." If you're using Windows XP, there will be a section that says "Devices and Removable Storage" with a lot of things that say "Removable Disk" followed by a letter. These are all the storage inputs on your computer. If you're using vista, then I don't know, but I'm sure it has something along these lines. If any of the slots in this section have any special name such as the name of your 2gb MicroSD card or anything like that, click on it and open it, or you could click on them all until you've found what you're looking for. See how that works for you.
Message 3 of 3 (1,709 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.