Posted Mar 29, 2010
7:44:02 AM
View profile
Master Reset Your Backflip

For the people who are not griping and complaing about every little thing about the backflip, or complaining but do't even own one, I'd strongly recommend a Master Reset of your phone.  Since I've done one with my mine, the battery life VASTLY improved and am getting WAY more that 6 hours of life on my phone. A whole day of full powered functionality and would still have about 30% or so of life still on the phone.  If you're worried about losing your apps when you log back into Motoblur, all your contact and email will be put back in.  Go to Google Market and to download and all previous downloads should still be in list.  The touch screen will also be better improved and processing will be smoother.

Everyone who I have talked to on message boards, including my own experience has seen a great improvement on the phone donig a master reset. 

Just FYI.

For the people who are not griping and complaing about every little thing about the backflip, or complaining but do't even own one, I'd strongly recommend a Master Reset of your phone.  Since I've done one with my mine, the battery life VASTLY improved and am getting WAY more that 6 hours of life on my phone. A whole day of full powered functionality and would still have about 30% or so of life still on the phone.  If you're worried about losing your apps when you log back into Motoblur, all your contact and email will be put back in.  Go to Google Market and to download and all previous downloads should still be in list.  The touch screen will also be better improved and processing will be smoother.

Everyone who I have talked to on message boards, including my own experience has seen a great improvement on the phone donig a master reset. 

Just FYI.

Master Reset Your Backflip

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2010 7:49:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

ddavi021 wrote:

Just FYI.

This is my second Backflip, the first one had call quality issues, where everyone said I sounded like I was in a tunnel, far away, etc.  I even called AT&T Tech Support and they tested it and said it sounded bad.  I did a master reset, put the SIM card into my old phone to see if that was the problem (all things things tech support told me to do) and the problem persisted.  I also had some screen orientation issues, whereas sometimes it wouldn't switch to landscape at all no matter what, until I opened the keyboard. 

Now I got this new one two days ago and while the previous issues are gone, there's some sort of issue with the screen image!!  At times it looks like it has static on it, for lack of a better word (like a tv).  When the screen is white, there are black dots on it, when it's a dark screen, the dots are white.  It's not continuous, but it's happened 3 times since I got this phone on Tuesday.  I will try a master reset and see if it goes away, but I think I will try to exchange it one more time and if it's not better, I'll get a BB Bold or something.  I really like this phone though.  

ddavi021 wrote:

Just FYI.

This is my second Backflip, the first one had call quality issues, where everyone said I sounded like I was in a tunnel, far away, etc.  I even called AT&T Tech Support and they tested it and said it sounded bad.  I did a master reset, put the SIM card into my old phone to see if that was the problem (all things things tech support told me to do) and the problem persisted.  I also had some screen orientation issues, whereas sometimes it wouldn't switch to landscape at all no matter what, until I opened the keyboard. 

Now I got this new one two days ago and while the previous issues are gone, there's some sort of issue with the screen image!!  At times it looks like it has static on it, for lack of a better word (like a tv).  When the screen is white, there are black dots on it, when it's a dark screen, the dots are white.  It's not continuous, but it's happened 3 times since I got this phone on Tuesday.  I will try a master reset and see if it goes away, but I think I will try to exchange it one more time and if it's not better, I'll get a BB Bold or something.  I really like this phone though.  

Re: Master Reset Your Backflip

2 of 4 (3,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 12:05:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Can someone please give instructions for the master reset?

I keep getting a message regarding Motoblur and must force exit it at least five times a day.  I think the reset would help.

Thank you!

Can someone please give instructions for the master reset?

I keep getting a message regarding Motoblur and must force exit it at least five times a day.  I think the reset would help.

Thank you!

3 of 4 (3,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 10:14:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

Menu->Settings->SD card & storage->Factory data reset

Make sure you know your MotoBlur sign-in and password, unless you want to establish a new MotoBlur account.

Menu->Settings->SD card & storage->Factory data reset

Make sure you know your MotoBlur sign-in and password, unless you want to establish a new MotoBlur account.

4 of 4 (2,993 Views)