Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 24, 2011
9:11:22 AM
View profile
Marooned by AT&T

Hi, my situation is this: I am out of town on business, suddenly my iPhone doesn't work. A message intones that I have a past-due balance and my service has been suspended.

Background: Whether out of town or in, I always pay my two ATT bills (local, and U-Verse) in a timely manner. My wireless service is connected to the U-Verse billing. I'd been told when the local/U-Verse billings could be combined, I'd be notified, but that the statutory environment (ie the restrictions) to att vis a vis hardline phone accounts made it expedient for them to keep the divisions strictly separate.

What apparently occurred: While I continued to pay my bills, ATT apparently separated my wireless service without my permission or notification. The result was a third bill that was going unpaid. While I am willing and able to immediately pay this bill - presuming ATT can show documentation that I am not being double-charged - under no circumstances will I pay a $40 reinstatement/penalty fee for a situation created by a mistake and misaction created entirely by ATT. 

The gist: I wanted fewer bills not extra. If ATT makes moves like this autonomously and without regard to the wishes of its clientele, it should correct them without impact on the consumers it has victimized. Marooning me far from home (and removing even the simple capability to CALL ATT from the wireless phone (except to voicelessly pay bill and penalty) is just another stain on this company's reputation in my view.  

Given a rep that actually grasps the veracity of my narrative, I'm sure we can figure this out (minus any penalty). Anything short of that, and I'll STILL pay my balance (minus any penalty) and immediately terminate my service....it's doing me zero good anyway. 

So please, ATT ombudsman, let's try to fix ATT's blunder.

Thanks, Ed

Hi, my situation is this: I am out of town on business, suddenly my iPhone doesn't work. A message intones that I have a past-due balance and my service has been suspended.

Background: Whether out of town or in, I always pay my two ATT bills (local, and U-Verse) in a timely manner. My wireless service is connected to the U-Verse billing. I'd been told when the local/U-Verse billings could be combined, I'd be notified, but that the statutory environment (ie the restrictions) to att vis a vis hardline phone accounts made it expedient for them to keep the divisions strictly separate.

What apparently occurred: While I continued to pay my bills, ATT apparently separated my wireless service without my permission or notification. The result was a third bill that was going unpaid. While I am willing and able to immediately pay this bill - presuming ATT can show documentation that I am not being double-charged - under no circumstances will I pay a $40 reinstatement/penalty fee for a situation created by a mistake and misaction created entirely by ATT. 

The gist: I wanted fewer bills not extra. If ATT makes moves like this autonomously and without regard to the wishes of its clientele, it should correct them without impact on the consumers it has victimized. Marooning me far from home (and removing even the simple capability to CALL ATT from the wireless phone (except to voicelessly pay bill and penalty) is just another stain on this company's reputation in my view.  

Given a rep that actually grasps the veracity of my narrative, I'm sure we can figure this out (minus any penalty). Anything short of that, and I'll STILL pay my balance (minus any penalty) and immediately terminate my service....it's doing me zero good anyway. 

So please, ATT ombudsman, let's try to fix ATT's blunder.

Thanks, Ed

Marooned by AT&T

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 10:13:52 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Ed, 

I'm sure we can get this straightened out. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account numbers, phone number and the best time to contact you?

I'll pass that information to our team and have someone contact you directly to review your accounts and billing to make sure you're set up properly. 

Thanks, 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi Ed, 

I'm sure we can get this straightened out. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account numbers, phone number and the best time to contact you?

I'll pass that information to our team and have someone contact you directly to review your accounts and billing to make sure you're set up properly. 

Thanks, 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Marooned by AT&T

2 of 2 (147 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments