View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 5:21:00 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just updated mine and I had no problems.

I just updated mine and I had no problems.

Re: Mango

2 of 20 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 10:45:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
bah, i bought the phone on launch day, but that doesn't appear to be enough to get ya into the first wave of upgrades.
bah, i bought the phone on launch day, but that doesn't appear to be enough to get ya into the first wave of upgrades.

3 of 20 (1,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 2:49:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

Had the update pushed to my phone....gotta say that I have no problems and really like the new features.....I really liked my phone (Focus) before the update and now I can say that I love my phone....good job MS :smileyvery-happy:

Had the update pushed to my phone....gotta say that I have no problems and really like the new features.....I really liked my phone (Focus) before the update and now I can say that I love my phone....good job MS :smileyvery-happy:

4 of 20 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 8:49:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I still haven't received the update for my Focus, the push trick didn't seem to work either.

I noticed some people referenced a hardware version of 1.3

My hardware version reports 3.1.0.7

Is there an update somewhere that I'm missing.

I still haven't received the update for my Focus, the push trick didn't seem to work either.

I noticed some people referenced a hardware version of 1.3

My hardware version reports 3.1.0.7

Is there an update somewhere that I'm missing.

5 of 20 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 11:50:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

The PUSH does work....you just have to keep at it.  If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying.  It took me 2 attempts to get to the 1st Upgrade, then 4 tries to get to the 2nd.  Once the 2nd was Installed, Zune automatically went to the 7.5 upgrade.  It takes a while....but it's well worth it.

The PUSH does work....you just have to keep at it.  If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying.  It took me 2 attempts to get to the 1st Upgrade, then 4 tries to get to the 2nd.  Once the 2nd was Installed, Zune automatically went to the 7.5 upgrade.  It takes a while....but it's well worth it.

6 of 20 (1,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 1:52:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Has any received the 80180048 error when trying the Mango forced update?

Has any received the 80180048 error when trying the Mango forced update?

7 of 20 (1,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 5:32:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

Typical AT&T response (or lack of...)!!! My wife has an HTC from T-Mobile (which I pay for) and she already has it. My Samsung Focus (company purchased and paid for)??? Not a chance! I have never seen a carrier so slow to respond in my life!!!!! All I can hope for is that the smart people prevail and nix this aquisition thing in the bud!! AT&T can do nothing but find ways to screw up a good company!!!!!

Thanks for the timely Mango update, AT&T! Late as usual, as on everything you do!! Of course I'd be happy if they could figure out how to keep me from just dropping calls all day long! That would be enough! Maybe it's my oun fault for living in the middle-of-now-where, CHICAGO!!!!!

Typical AT&T response (or lack of...)!!! My wife has an HTC from T-Mobile (which I pay for) and she already has it. My Samsung Focus (company purchased and paid for)??? Not a chance! I have never seen a carrier so slow to respond in my life!!!!! All I can hope for is that the smart people prevail and nix this aquisition thing in the bud!! AT&T can do nothing but find ways to screw up a good company!!!!!

Thanks for the timely Mango update, AT&T! Late as usual, as on everything you do!! Of course I'd be happy if they could figure out how to keep me from just dropping calls all day long! That would be enough! Maybe it's my oun fault for living in the middle-of-now-where, CHICAGO!!!!!

8 of 20 (1,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 6:38:40 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

zimbricd wrote:

Sorry to hear your phone hasn't been prompted for the update yet. It is rolling out across the entire network so it'll hit you soon. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

zimbricd wrote:

Sorry to hear your phone hasn't been prompted for the update yet. It is rolling out across the entire network so it'll hit you soon. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 20 (1,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 7:42:05 AM
(0)
Master

zimbricd wrote:

It's a staged roll out (only certain percentages of users get update notifications each day) so that the update server won't get flooded with requests. AT&T sold more WP7 phones than T-Mobile. So it makes sense that a T-Mo WP7 phones may get updated earlier than AT&T phones.

zimbricd wrote:

It's a staged roll out (only certain percentages of users get update notifications each day) so that the update server won't get flooded with requests. AT&T sold more WP7 phones than T-Mobile. So it makes sense that a T-Mo WP7 phones may get updated earlier than AT&T phones.

10 of 20 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 8:15:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Jamileh -- I bought my Focus when the store opened on day 1.  I feel like Mango updates should be rolled out in the order in which the phones were purchased.  :smileywink:

It's just good to have some reassurance that it's rolling out there.

Thanks for the reply Jamileh -- I bought my Focus when the store opened on day 1.  I feel like Mango updates should be rolled out in the order in which the phones were purchased.  :smileywink:

It's just good to have some reassurance that it's rolling out there.

11 of 20 (874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 10:26:00 AM
(0)
Expert

zimbricd wrote:

It is a controlled rollout, given the number of phones that ATT has on their network as compatred to T-Mobile, it always goes out faster to a carrier that has a few hundred specific model phones as compared to a few thousand.

Another point on the Focus, there are two rom revisions - the original 1.3 and the newer1.4, the rollout is currently only pushing to the 1.3 rom based phones, as proven form the previous updates, the MS installer has problems with the 1.4 rom revisions. If I recall correctly you can tell the ROM Revision of your phone by looking under the battery. The where numerous issues with the previous rollout. if you have a focus with the 1.4 rom, MS has yet to release the update for it

This is Microsoft's site link on the update

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

If you are downtown chicago, can verify that ATT has a issue, but then so does verizon and sprint. Carry a phone from each of the tier 1 to 3 carriers for business - and they all have problems with dropped calls because of the buildings.

zimbricd wrote:

It is a controlled rollout, given the number of phones that ATT has on their network as compatred to T-Mobile, it always goes out faster to a carrier that has a few hundred specific model phones as compared to a few thousand.

Another point on the Focus, there are two rom revisions - the original 1.3 and the newer1.4, the rollout is currently only pushing to the 1.3 rom based phones, as proven form the previous updates, the MS installer has problems with the 1.4 rom revisions. If I recall correctly you can tell the ROM Revision of your phone by looking under the battery. The where numerous issues with the previous rollout. if you have a focus with the 1.4 rom, MS has yet to release the update for it

This is Microsoft's site link on the update

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

If you are downtown chicago, can verify that ATT has a issue, but then so does verizon and sprint. Carry a phone from each of the tier 1 to 3 carriers for business - and they all have problems with dropped calls because of the buildings.

12 of 20 (863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:16:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yup, me too...

So, what's the next step?

Yup, me too...

13 of 20 (754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:41:00 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

pbratton wrote:

Yup, me too...

Hi pbratton - not sure what your "me too" comment refers to. Can you give us a little more info?

--------------

pbratton wrote:

Yup, me too...

Hi pbratton - not sure what your "me too" comment refers to. Can you give us a little more info?

--------------

14 of 20 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 1:53:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I forced my install using the unplug method, and everything is working great, far surpassing my expectations so far, as a matter of fact.

The only glitch I have seen so far is with the Samsung Now application. I had an issue with getting it to run, then uninstalled it, and now it's displaying 'This application is not compatible with this device' in the Marketplace.

I forced my install using the unplug method, and everything is working great, far surpassing my expectations so far, as a matter of fact.

The only glitch I have seen so far is with the Samsung Now application. I had an issue with getting it to run, then uninstalled it, and now it's displaying 'This application is not compatible with this device' in the Marketplace.

15 of 20 (741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 9:00:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

I've read a couple of different versions about how to force the Mango update, and they sound confusing to me. I think it might be wiser for me to just wait til it's released for my phone. What sounds confusing is the part about unplugging the cable/Internet, then plugging it back in. I think one site mentions unplugging the cable, but not sure if they mean the cable connecting the phone to the computer, or the Internet itself. Any more light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've read a couple of different versions about how to force the Mango update, and they sound confusing to me. I think it might be wiser for me to just wait til it's released for my phone. What sounds confusing is the part about unplugging the cable/Internet, then plugging it back in. I think one site mentions unplugging the cable, but not sure if they mean the cable connecting the phone to the computer, or the Internet itself. Any more light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

16 of 20 (670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 7:06:52 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Oct 13, 2011 at 7:07:37 AM

There is only one way to do it: unplug the ethernet cable from your PC. If your PC is using wireless to connect to internet, it most likely won't work because killing wireless connection adds a little delay which will likely exceeds the tiny window (between 1 and 2 seconds after you click on check for update in Zune software) for this trick to work.

There is only one way to do it: unplug the ethernet cable from your PC. If your PC is using wireless to connect to internet, it most likely won't work because killing wireless connection adds a little delay which will likely exceeds the tiny window (between 1 and 2 seconds after you click on check for update in Zune software) for this trick to work.

[ Edited ]
17 of 20 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 7:21:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

I may wind up trying that. After reading about all the additions and changes coming with this update, I'm not sure if I can wait. Lol.

I may wind up trying that. After reading about all the additions and changes coming with this update, I'm not sure if I can wait. Lol.

18 of 20 (640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 9:55:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I found that if you are using 'Satellite internet' service you need to wait 4-5 seconds before you unplug the Ethernet cable, more than likely due to the latency issue with Satellite internet services.  I tried the 1-2 seconds numerous times then finally remembered the latency problem.  Not sure if all Satellite services are the same but that's what I needed to do with HughesNet.  Its a very large download, I'm guessing around 200mb and takes some time to completely load onto the phone.  I already had the 7390 update so needed to get the 7392 first.  Once the 7392 update was done I had to force the update again to get the 7403 & 7720 to go. 

I found that if you are using 'Satellite internet' service you need to wait 4-5 seconds before you unplug the Ethernet cable, more than likely due to the latency issue with Satellite internet services.  I tried the 1-2 seconds numerous times then finally remembered the latency problem.  Not sure if all Satellite services are the same but that's what I needed to do with HughesNet.  Its a very large download, I'm guessing around 200mb and takes some time to completely load onto the phone.  I already had the 7390 update so needed to get the 7392 first.  Once the 7392 update was done I had to force the update again to get the 7403 & 7720 to go. 

19 of 20 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:05:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

In reality, each user has to find the right time to unplug the cable via trial and error.  Some people report having to wait 15 to 20 seconds before unpluging the computers internet cable.  Ultimately, you'll always know onve you've waited too long because the "you're phone is up to date" message will appear.

In reality, each user has to find the right time to unplug the cable via trial and error.  Some people report having to wait 15 to 20 seconds before unpluging the computers internet cable.  Ultimately, you'll always know onve you've waited too long because the "you're phone is up to date" message will appear.

20 of 20 (633 Views)