Manage Smart Controls

Contributor

Manage Smart Controls

So, after spending two hours on the phone with 3 different customer service agents, one supervisor and two tech support agents, I am no closer to being able to manage my content filter or purchase blocker than if I went and asked a brick wall to help me.  Can someone please tell me how to access the smart controls system?

Message 1 of 7 (5,872 Views)
Employee

Re: Manage Smart Controls

Hi, pralph. We totally understand your frustration. Here's a quick link to the Smart Limits for Wireless page http://www.att.net/s/editorial.dll?bfromind=19003&eeid=7626671&_sitecat=3563&dcatid=0&eetype=article.... There, you’ll find instructions to set free controls on your own through your child’s phone if it has the Media Net or att.net browser. If it doesn’t, Content Filters won’t work on your device and you won't be able to set controls with it. However, you can try calling Customer Care again and asking them to turn on the free Purchase Blocker feature. Hope this helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (5,720 Views)
Contributor

The website is useless.  It doesn't work.  When I try to log in and change settings on my daughter's phone, all I get is a "system error, try again later."  For two days it's been like this.  I completely wasted my time on a tech support chat session today.  I was told that they were "working on it."  I NEED TO BE ABLE TO MANAGE THESE SETTINGS.  I'm absolutely furious.

Message 3 of 7 (5,703 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I agree with the other posters. COMPLETELY USELESS. I, too, have tried configuring Smart Limits with an AT&T representative, and none of them know how to navigate to the page or how to set the limits on their end.

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Message 4 of 7 (5,264 Views)
Contributor

I've been trying to log in to manage the smart controls for about two months now and I have not been able to get into the system at all. I finally received an email from someone at AT&T yesterday telling me to log in and follow the FORGOT MY PASSWORD link to reset my password. I did that and now I'm able to finally get into my account. However, SMART CONTROLS is no where to be found. How long is this nonsense going to go on. AT&T owes everyone who subscribes to this service at least two months of bill credits since we cannot use the service! 

Message 5 of 7 (5,088 Views)
Contributor

See my posting of 6-14-11 - J Angelillo - I have listed how you get to the Manage Smart Controls screen

Message 6 of 7 (4,955 Views)
Contributor

The service is down.  It has been down for days and no one can adjust these settings except for the user.  This means you cannot call att directly to assist.  I have just called two times to no avail. 

Message 7 of 7 (4,908 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.