Ask a question

Posted Feb 7, 2012
    12:52:05 PM
    View profile
    MY $200 PHONE BILL IS NOW OVER $700!!!! HUNDREDS of $ in Phantom calls and usage to Austin TX?!?!?

Hello,

I just logged into my account to discover that my phone bill that is normally $200 is now $700! I am completely panicked! I am frightened to death to call the 800# to discover that there is nothing that can be done.

There appears to be phantom usage with thousands of GB's of usage and hundreds of dollars of texts and calls to TEXAS!! I live in CA and know no one in Texas.

On top of that, the main phone number keeps charging me for data that is used while I am sound asleep.

I know that I am not the only person that has had this happen.

I AM COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT!!!!

MY $200 PHONE BILL IS NOW OVER $700!!!! HUNDREDS of $ in Phantom calls and usage to Austin TX?!?!?

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 7, 2012 1:48:15 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

how do you know nothing can be done until you make the next step, calling customer care  Smiley Happy phone bills are not set in stone Smiley Happy

Re: MY $200 PHONE BILL IS NOW OVER $700!!!! HUNDREDS of $ in Phantom calls and usage to Austin TX?!?

2 of 4 (450 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 7, 2012 2:56:31 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I had to get over my initial shock of printing a 58 page phone bill.

I have never had a problem with AT&T customer service. This time proved to be no exception.

I just got off the phone with B. Washington in customer service. He managed to work something out. I have also disconnected that line.

Based upon my experience with the call, I have no complaints about AT&T customer service. The issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Re: MY $200 PHONE BILL IS NOW OVER $700!!!! HUNDREDS of $ in Phantom calls and usage to Austin TX?!?

3 of 4 (442 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 7, 2012 3:36:48 PM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

I'm glad you were able to get it worked out!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (435 Views)