MSN Question (kind of different)

Mentor

MSN Question (kind of different)

[ Edited ]
So I wanted to get a decent MSN messenger that uses Data INSTEAD of SMS. And I was wondering if this one did just data
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/internet/im/im_wlm.jsp

I was hoping that one uses data only but if not could some one point me the right way? I use enough texts as it is. So id really like to not have to use them since I have unlimited data...

EDIT:
 Also, do the ones I download off of media net use SMS or just data?

Message Edited by Kocrachon on 02-03-2008 11:35:50 PM
Message 1 of 10 (3,396 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: MSN Question (kind of different)

According to the system requirements, it uses data. However, when I tried to download it to my 8310 I was told that my device is not supported and it won't let me download it.

From the System Requirements page;

Smartphones supported: BlackBerry® 7130e, BlackBerry® 7250 and BlackBerry® 8703e from Bell Mobility, BlackBerry® 8800 from T-Mobile USA
Message 2 of 10 (3,378 Views)
Mentor

Hmm, well I am mainly looking for an MSN messenger that uses only Data and not text messeges. I see a TON of MSNs that use text and not data but I would like it the other way around, Is that possible?
Message 3 of 10 (3,360 Views)
Guru

You could use a program like JiveTalk. It's not free, but it's an all-in-one messaging program.
Message 4 of 10 (3,355 Views)
Mentor

Hmm, how good is it with buddy lists and all of that? And is it pure data?

Message 5 of 10 (3,333 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]
It is just like logging in to MSN messenger. It'll have all your contacts when you sign in.

edit: Yes, it is pure data.

Message Edited by jigsawIV on 02-04-2008 11:35:16 PM
Message 6 of 10 (3,331 Views)
Mentor

So far thats a top runner... Saddly id rather not pay 30 bucks if I can. How good of quality would you rate that software?
Message 7 of 10 (3,326 Views)
Guru

Kocrachon wrote:
So far thats a top runner... Saddly id rather not pay 30 bucks if I can. How good of quality would you rate that software?

It's a very highly rated program. I don't use it myself as I only use Yahoo Messenger. There are other chat programs available though such as:
Nimbuzz

IM+

eqo

Message 8 of 10 (3,314 Views)
Professor

Jivetalk is very good, IMO.
Message 9 of 10 (3,268 Views)
Professor

Use the 30 day trial version of JiveTalk and you will see the price is worth it. I have only 12 days left of mine and I do plan on buying it!
Message 10 of 10 (3,238 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.