MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

Contributor

MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

Hello. Up until about a month ago, I used to send pictures to my phone from my Gmail via attachments to (10 digit)@mms.att.net, without problems. However, it doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 60
Expert

Re: MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

sethinater wrote:

Hello. Up until about a month ago, I used to send pictures to my phone from my Gmail via attachments to (10 digit)@mms.att.net, without problems. However, it doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

What happens when you try to send the email to your phone with the picture attached, as much info as possible would be great.

Message 2 of 60
Contributor

it's an issue on AT&T side - they decided to start reading the Return-Path on forwarded via MMS items. that's why you're seeing the "From" on your phone being NAME@caf_=PHONENUMBER=mms.att.net@gmail.com

on the other hand, if you set up the same forwarding to go to any other email address it works just fine and shows you the original sender as the "from"

Message 3 of 60
Teacher

Same thread going on here: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Messaging/Receiving-MMS-via-mms-att-net/td-p/1922270 Clearly, something has changed at AT&T on the MMS service. Why won't anyone help us figure this out?
Message 4 of 60
Scholar

Perhaps marginally related, it seems that a filter to mobile message action that I set up on my ATT-Yahoo email account has recently stopped working.  I believe that this sends TXT as opposed to an MMS message.

BTW, I recently discovered that you can create an alias to use when sending TXT or MMS messages instead of using your phone number.  

Message 5 of 60
Teacher

I was having issues with this as well, but I tried it yesterday and it worked.

There was a quirk however, I sent the message to a Samsung Impression and they received it as a mms having two slides (terminology?). So the pic wasn't immediately shown ("1/2" in upper right of screen), but when slide 2 ("2/2" in upper right of screen) was rotated to the pic was displayed.

Message 6 of 60
Teacher

I am chiming in on this topic as well. Forever I've been able to send messages (with or without attachments, doesn't matter) to 10digits@mms.att.net - about a week ago it has stopped working. Period. I can send to 10digits@txt.att.net no problemo. I can send from my phone to any e-mail address no problemo. But anything sent to mms.att.net just disappears, no errors or bounced messages. Nothing.

Call AT&T and they had no clue at all.

Tried my buddies phone, nothing. Tried 3 other numbers, nothing. This has to be a system wide thing!

I can't believe no one else is making a stink about this - is it just certain people? Is there anyone in the Detroit area that is able to recieve via 10digits@mms.att.net?

Message 7 of 60
Contributor

I'm having problems as well. No messages can be sent to my cellphone via xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net, but I can get plain text messages to my phone via xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net and xxxxxxxxxx@cingularme.com. I am really confused as @mms.att.net was working in my area yesterday, but it does not work today.

After I send an email to @mms.att.net, the message just disappears also. Thee is no return message, such as "your message couldn't be delivered". Does this meanthat the att netwok is still accepting our messages, but just not fowarding them to our phones?

Message 8 of 60
Scholar

I ran a test and just sent 3 messages as follows:

• 10digitnumber@mms.att.net
  • 10digitnumber@txt.att.net
  • alias@txt.att.net
So far, it's been about five minutes.  I received the 3rd message, but not the first two.

Message 9 of 60
Scholar

Just now, the second in the list has arrived.  First is still MIA.

Message 10 of 60
Teacher

I get messages sent phone to phone

I get messages sent to txt.att.net or alias@txt.att.net

I get nothing, no matter from where, sent to mms.att.net

I have 14 phones like this right now (in our company). Basically, I can't find anyone who can actually receive a message via 10digits@mms.att.net

Message 11 of 60
Teacher

Tried yesterday to send a message with a .wav attachment to 10digits@mms.att.net. It arrived today, about 12 hours later, with the attachment and intact. It was a pretty small .wav file, so I'm trying now with a more typical file from my VoIP voicemail service. Nothing has bounced, so it's probably on its way -- just seems to be slow now, instead of completely broken.
Message 12 of 60
Teacher

I'm STILL not getting MMS from e-mail. Nothing I send via 10digits@mms.att.net goes through to anyone at AT&T. Sending from Yahoo or Gmail or Comcast or even my business account, no go. It just disappears. SOMETIMES I get it 12-24 hours later. Maybe.

AT&T claims no problems at all, keeps telling me to perform master resets of my phone. I've already moved my sim to two other phones, same problem. Tried 3 others phones, a blackberry, and a Razr and still nothing.

I take it everyone else is getting their mms via e-mail no problem?

Message 13 of 60
Scholar

I did get the MMS message the following day (something like 14 hours later). 

Message 14 of 60
Contributor

I sent an MMS from email to mobile this afternoon about 5pm and the message arrived just now as I was reviewing these posts.  So MMS is still supported, it is just not as instant as it used to be.

Message 15 of 60
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support