Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 1, 2010
9:09:35 PM
View profile
MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

Hello. Up until about a month ago, I used to send pictures to my phone from my Gmail via attachments to (10 digit)@mms.att.net, without problems. However, it doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello. Up until about a month ago, I used to send pictures to my phone from my Gmail via attachments to (10 digit)@mms.att.net, without problems. However, it doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

59 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(59)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 10:52:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

I've been trying this for a month.

RARELY do I get a mms message delivered via e-mail in less than an hour, normally it takes 2-12 hours, yes, two to twelve. And then sometimes I get the same one, 3-6 times in 1 hour intervals.

The other day I sent myself a small (15k) jpg. Took 8 hours to get the first one, I received 4 copies over the next 4 hours.

basically 10digits@mms.att.net is useless - but ATT totally denies it. I've opened tickets, have gotten used to lying when they request me to do a full hardware reset of my phone. Moved my SIM to 6, that's six, different phones. Tried 3 different phone numbers and accounts. Nothing works. Talked to about a dozen other people, not working for them either.

How come this isn't making bigger headlines?

I've been trying this for a month.

RARELY do I get a mms message delivered via e-mail in less than an hour, normally it takes 2-12 hours, yes, two to twelve. And then sometimes I get the same one, 3-6 times in 1 hour intervals.

The other day I sent myself a small (15k) jpg. Took 8 hours to get the first one, I received 4 copies over the next 4 hours.

basically 10digits@mms.att.net is useless - but ATT totally denies it. I've opened tickets, have gotten used to lying when they request me to do a full hardware reset of my phone. Moved my SIM to 6, that's six, different phones. Tried 3 different phone numbers and accounts. Nothing works. Talked to about a dozen other people, not working for them either.

How come this isn't making bigger headlines?

Re: MMS from email to phone doesn't work anymore

31 of 60 (2,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 10:04:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

... another annoying bump from me, but just got another day or so old message ... so I take it this will never be acknowledged because if they do, it will mean that they will have to spend money and fix the problem.  And I suppose we should never rely on AT&T to deliver messages in a timely manner, ever.  How do they stay in business?  Oh right, we keep paying them monthly to deliver messages to us hours to days later.  I feel so special.

... another annoying bump from me, but just got another day or so old message ... so I take it this will never be acknowledged because if they do, it will mean that they will have to spend money and fix the problem.  And I suppose we should never rely on AT&T to deliver messages in a timely manner, ever.  How do they stay in business?  Oh right, we keep paying them monthly to deliver messages to us hours to days later.  I feel so special.

32 of 60 (2,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 12:34:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

I'd like to hear more people chime in please?

Is it working for you or is it also not working or extremely delayed?

I plan on making this an issue in a national magazine for which I sometimes am published in, it's a tech magazine, not focused on cell phones but i'll get noticed. Hopefully picked up by slashdot, wired, etc.

I've contact many people in my own circle and everyone is having this problem, I've yet to talk to someone who isn't. Can this be possible? MMS is broken and no one is talking to the press?

I blame the iPhone traffic, personally...

I'd like to hear more people chime in please?

Is it working for you or is it also not working or extremely delayed?

I plan on making this an issue in a national magazine for which I sometimes am published in, it's a tech magazine, not focused on cell phones but i'll get noticed. Hopefully picked up by slashdot, wired, etc.

I've contact many people in my own circle and everyone is having this problem, I've yet to talk to someone who isn't. Can this be possible? MMS is broken and no one is talking to the press?

I blame the iPhone traffic, personally...

33 of 60 (2,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 1:54:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Although it is probably connected to the amount of iPhone traffic on their network, shouldn't they have addressed this issue since they've been carrying iPhones for a little over three years.  They can say there are more users each year when the newest models comes out, but shouldn't they be anticipating the new load?  I can excuse the first year or two, but come on, its been three-plus years.   In any other business, they would be gone, but since they're basically a monopoly they're not going to do anything about it and just deny it.

And why is there such a large delay (up to three days for me) in getting a message or voicemail to our iPhones?  Is there an old TRS-80 handling all the requests through a noisy 300 baud dial-up line?  And why is it that non-iPhone users don't seem to have this problem ... unless they're sending or receiving a message from a person with an iPhone.

DrestinBlack, you're probably already aware of all of this, but I had to vent  Smiley Tongue  And thanks for listening since no one else seems to be!!!

Although it is probably connected to the amount of iPhone traffic on their network, shouldn't they have addressed this issue since they've been carrying iPhones for a little over three years.  They can say there are more users each year when the newest models comes out, but shouldn't they be anticipating the new load?  I can excuse the first year or two, but come on, its been three-plus years.   In any other business, they would be gone, but since they're basically a monopoly they're not going to do anything about it and just deny it.

And why is there such a large delay (up to three days for me) in getting a message or voicemail to our iPhones?  Is there an old TRS-80 handling all the requests through a noisy 300 baud dial-up line?  And why is it that non-iPhone users don't seem to have this problem ... unless they're sending or receiving a message from a person with an iPhone.

DrestinBlack, you're probably already aware of all of this, but I had to vent  Smiley Tongue  And thanks for listening since no one else seems to be!!!

34 of 60 (2,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 6:45:30 AM
(0)
Teacher

I hear ya gir!

I sent 11 messages to my phone using various sources, methods and devices. Exactly 1 has arrived, i nabout 4 hours. All the rest are MIA. txt.att.net works but not mms.att.net

This is BS and AT&T is silent on it.

I hear ya gir!

I sent 11 messages to my phone using various sources, methods and devices. Exactly 1 has arrived, i nabout 4 hours. All the rest are MIA. txt.att.net works but not mms.att.net

This is BS and AT&T is silent on it.

35 of 60 (2,416 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 1:16:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

Are you still having problems receiving MMS from Email?

My test today was received in 7 minutes. I hope your problems are resolved now as well!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

Are you still having problems receiving MMS from Email?

My test today was received in 7 minutes. I hope your problems are resolved now as well!

36 of 60 (2,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 6:51:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

Not resolved whatsoever. I've tried every single day and it fails every day

Last night, tried to send 2 small pictures from my hpone to my comcast and my gmail e-mail.

Took over 7 hours each.

I sent several small messages to my phone, to date none have come through.

I used my droid on verizon and every message was recieved in less than a minute.

It's still broken and AT&T is still denying it Smiley Sad

Not resolved whatsoever. I've tried every single day and it fails every day

Last night, tried to send 2 small pictures from my hpone to my comcast and my gmail e-mail.

Took over 7 hours each.

I sent several small messages to my phone, to date none have come through.

I used my droid on verizon and every message was recieved in less than a minute.

It's still broken and AT&T is still denying it Smiley Sad

37 of 60 (2,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 6:56:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'd just assume that mms messages from email are broken.  I've also seen occasional problems doing the reverse (sending Images to email via mms).  It sounds like ATT is not planning to fix it.

If you don't need mms sending an email to @txt.att.net seems to be working.  

I'd just assume that mms messages from email are broken.  I've also seen occasional problems doing the reverse (sending Images to email via mms).  It sounds like ATT is not planning to fix it.

If you don't need mms sending an email to @txt.att.net seems to be working.  

38 of 60 (2,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 7:07:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

They won't even acknowledge there is something wrong and I need to be able to move info this way.

They won't even acknowledge there is something wrong and I need to be able to move info this way.

39 of 60 (2,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 7:25:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

DrestinBlack wrote:

In that case, I would suggest moving to a different carrier.  

DrestinBlack wrote:

40 of 60 (2,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 9:53:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

DrestinBlack wrote:

I used to need to move info via MMS too.  Then I caught one stuck on one Cingular mail server for about 24 hours before going to another Cingular server.   Ticket entered but never got a reply.  This was a non-normal occurance at the time but I bailed.  S/E mail tool (unbranded or de-branded) runs via data connection and completely avoids Cingular mail servers. Handles attachments too.

That has been probably a couple of years ago.  Years before that when mail did not work when sent from N5165 they would not fix that either.   Seems to me you work around like I am doing or you boogie as I did with the account that used the 5165.

I don't think there is anything wrong in the back end that a competent UNIX admin could not cure.

DrestinBlack wrote:

I used to need to move info via MMS too.  Then I caught one stuck on one Cingular mail server for about 24 hours before going to another Cingular server.   Ticket entered but never got a reply.  This was a non-normal occurance at the time but I bailed.  S/E mail tool (unbranded or de-branded) runs via data connection and completely avoids Cingular mail servers. Handles attachments too.

That has been probably a couple of years ago.  Years before that when mail did not work when sent from N5165 they would not fix that either.   Seems to me you work around like I am doing or you boogie as I did with the account that used the 5165.

I don't think there is anything wrong in the back end that a competent UNIX admin could not cure.

41 of 60 (2,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 9:59:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

tszefr wrote:

S/E mail tool (unbranded or de-branded) runs via data connection and completely avoids Cingular mail servers. Handles attachments too.

What's S/E mail?  I'm not in the know enough to get the reference.

tszefr wrote:

S/E mail tool (unbranded or de-branded) runs via data connection and completely avoids Cingular mail servers. Handles attachments too.

42 of 60 (2,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 7:54:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

jice wrote:

tszefr wrote:

S/E mail tool is a stock/factory/generic product available on many S/E phones.  Possibly not on entry level ones, but most issued by Cingular/AT&T qualify.   The mail tool supports IMAP Idle command which the student may research.  Cingular/AT&T firmware removes this most excellent product in favour of their Oz Communications "Mobile Email" product.

Suggestion:  Get an S/E phone.  If issued by Cingular/AT&T, de-brand it and enjoy.  Oddly enough, I first enjoyed this product on my Cingular W810i using T-mobile prepaid.  No reasonable data service there now so I stick with AT&T for this tool in spite of annoying voice call droppage.

jice wrote:

tszefr wrote:

S/E mail tool is a stock/factory/generic product available on many S/E phones.  Possibly not on entry level ones, but most issued by Cingular/AT&T qualify.   The mail tool supports IMAP Idle command which the student may research.  Cingular/AT&T firmware removes this most excellent product in favour of their Oz Communications "Mobile Email" product.

Suggestion:  Get an S/E phone.  If issued by Cingular/AT&T, de-brand it and enjoy.  Oddly enough, I first enjoyed this product on my Cingular W810i using T-mobile prepaid.  No reasonable data service there now so I stick with AT&T for this tool in spite of annoying voice call droppage.

43 of 60 (2,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 8:03:46 AM
(0)
Teacher
I've been following this discussion for a while, and now it seems to have gone off to another place (S/E email clients? what is that?) Anyway, my service (email to 10digits@mms.att.net) seems to have been restored, or it appears to be working a lot more consistently now. The messages are delivered within a few minutes, based on what I can tell. Good luck --
I've been following this discussion for a while, and now it seems to have gone off to another place (S/E email clients? what is that?) Anyway, my service (email to 10digits@mms.att.net) seems to have been restored, or it appears to be working a lot more consistently now. The messages are delivered within a few minutes, based on what I can tell. Good luck --

44 of 60 (2,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 8:41:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

jice wrote:

Well, when you've got over 40 phones still under contract for months more it's not so easy to just move to a different carrier, it's expensive!! I talk here about my own personal phone but I also run an IT dept and this issue came to light, originally, when our sales reps in the field weren't getting their MMS messages through e-mail as they had successfully received for quite some time.

jice wrote:

Well, when you've got over 40 phones still under contract for months more it's not so easy to just move to a different carrier, it's expensive!! I talk here about my own personal phone but I also run an IT dept and this issue came to light, originally, when our sales reps in the field weren't getting their MMS messages through e-mail as they had successfully received for quite some time.

45 of 60 (2,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 8:46:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

twosox wrote:

That's great - I just retested mine. Interestingly, the very first message I sent came through in about 5 minutes or less and I was happily surprised. I sent several more, about a dozen now. None of them have come through, it's been over 30 minutes.

I did talk to a colleage today who mentioned that his has been working perfectly fine and he hasn't any issue whatsoever. Gets his in seconds, every time. ARGH! This is increasingly frustrating.

I'v got tons of phones that are not getting their messages in any kind of timely fashion and then every once in a while they come flying through as if nothing was ever wrong. Clearly it can't be the sending source or the phones, has to be the network. But, what is up? Is it simply more signs that AT&Ts network is strained beyond it's capability by iPhone (and BB) traffic? What will happen if/when AT&T adds Android phones to it's lineup?

twosox wrote:

That's great - I just retested mine. Interestingly, the very first message I sent came through in about 5 minutes or less and I was happily surprised. I sent several more, about a dozen now. None of them have come through, it's been over 30 minutes.

I did talk to a colleage today who mentioned that his has been working perfectly fine and he hasn't any issue whatsoever. Gets his in seconds, every time. ARGH! This is increasingly frustrating.

I'v got tons of phones that are not getting their messages in any kind of timely fashion and then every once in a while they come flying through as if nothing was ever wrong. Clearly it can't be the sending source or the phones, has to be the network. But, what is up? Is it simply more signs that AT&Ts network is strained beyond it's capability by iPhone (and BB) traffic? What will happen if/when AT&T adds Android phones to it's lineup?

46 of 60 (2,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 12:04:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

I think that I figured it out.  

My guess is that the previous poster is using "S/E" to refer to Sony Ericsson.

I think that I figured it out.  

My guess is that the previous poster is using "S/E" to refer to Sony Ericsson.

47 of 60 (2,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 12:07:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

BTW, there seems to be a similar situation for Nokia phones.  Although, it looks like in this case, Nokia is complacent with AT&T in not supporting it's generic email tool on certain models of phone made for AT&T.  

So, it's really false advertising to claim that the phone supports POP and IMAP when you cannot access it without paying AT&T an additional monthly fee for software that is allowed to access it.

BTW, there seems to be a similar situation for Nokia phones.  Although, it looks like in this case, Nokia is complacent with AT&T in not supporting it's generic email tool on certain models of phone made for AT&T.  

So, it's really false advertising to claim that the phone supports POP and IMAP when you cannot access it without paying AT&T an additional monthly fee for software that is allowed to access it.

48 of 60 (2,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 6:09:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

twosox wrote:

Wow, you guys are keeping this thread alive  Smiley Happy  But I don't think it becomes "restored," I think it's more like your phone works for now until you happen fall into that situation again.  I've had this problem intermittently for quite a while and it seem to come and go.  For me, it's not limited to messages from email clients on a *NIX box.  I've had messages delayed going to or coming from people just using their phones (iPhones, non-iPhones, AT&T, non-AT&T) too.

<lashing out>

To the comment on possibly changing services, why should I?  Well, I'll consider it when Verizon carries the iPhone Smiley Wink.  I understand why you stated that remark, but they're (AT&T) supposed to be able to deliver a simple friggin' message in a timely manner like any other provider.  Isn't that the reason we pay them every month?  They take our money in exchange for what?  Hmmm, we'll deliver your message most of the time +/- a few days ... if you get it at all, and to top that off, we'll deny there's a problem!   Wow, what a deal!  Well, how about you give me back some money every time a message is late or is not delivered at all?  And why do people defend them for not doing their jobs?!?!  People are too complacent nowadys and are happy with a "it's good enough" or just go somewhere else.  It may not be happening to you, but there are enough posts (which is probably a small number in comparison to the actual number of incidents) to show that it's not a figment of my imagination.

And yes, I agree it probably is about their bandwidth or lack of ability to handle it.  And as I stated before, a business is supposed to anticipate things like this and going on their third year, they should have known better.

</lashing out>

Sorry ... just tired of this  Smiley Sad

twosox wrote:

Wow, you guys are keeping this thread alive  Smiley Happy  But I don't think it becomes "restored," I think it's more like your phone works for now until you happen fall into that situation again.  I've had this problem intermittently for quite a while and it seem to come and go.  For me, it's not limited to messages from email clients on a *NIX box.  I've had messages delayed going to or coming from people just using their phones (iPhones, non-iPhones, AT&T, non-AT&T) too.

<lashing out>

To the comment on possibly changing services, why should I?  Well, I'll consider it when Verizon carries the iPhone Smiley Wink.  I understand why you stated that remark, but they're (AT&T) supposed to be able to deliver a simple friggin' message in a timely manner like any other provider.  Isn't that the reason we pay them every month?  They take our money in exchange for what?  Hmmm, we'll deliver your message most of the time +/- a few days ... if you get it at all, and to top that off, we'll deny there's a problem!   Wow, what a deal!  Well, how about you give me back some money every time a message is late or is not delivered at all?  And why do people defend them for not doing their jobs?!?!  People are too complacent nowadys and are happy with a "it's good enough" or just go somewhere else.  It may not be happening to you, but there are enough posts (which is probably a small number in comparison to the actual number of incidents) to show that it's not a figment of my imagination.

And yes, I agree it probably is about their bandwidth or lack of ability to handle it.  And as I stated before, a business is supposed to anticipate things like this and going on their third year, they should have known better.

</lashing out>

Sorry ... just tired of this  Smiley Sad

49 of 60 (2,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 10:43:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here. 2-12 hours for stuff to show, though it does helpfully show up with the time sent sometimes! I'm not even sending attachments, just plain text to mms.att.net. So sad. So wrong.Smiley Mad

Same problem here. 2-12 hours for stuff to show, though it does helpfully show up with the time sent sometimes! I'm not even sending attachments, just plain text to mms.att.net. So sad. So wrong.Smiley Mad

50 of 60 (2,294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 11:39:33 AM
(0)
Teacher

Opened YET another ticket on this. They deny there are problems. Tech sent me three messages. One appeared in 30 seconds, the other two have yet to arrive a day later. This time I reported about 40 phone numbers on 4 different types of phones. Open YET another ticket on my own personal two phones, two devices. A work-related contact did the same about 2 hours later on approx 20 devices.

Lets see what happens... so far not even a call from ATT...

Sure we're keeping this thread alive. I don't want to switch to Verizon despite the better phones available (Android based) because their txt messaging doesnt work with blue tooth and they can't do voice and data simultaneously and, mostly, because I shouldn't have to change, I should get what I'm paying for.

Opened YET another ticket on this. They deny there are problems. Tech sent me three messages. One appeared in 30 seconds, the other two have yet to arrive a day later. This time I reported about 40 phone numbers on 4 different types of phones. Open YET another ticket on my own personal two phones, two devices. A work-related contact did the same about 2 hours later on approx 20 devices.

Lets see what happens... so far not even a call from ATT...

Sure we're keeping this thread alive. I don't want to switch to Verizon despite the better phones available (Android based) because their txt messaging doesnt work with blue tooth and they can't do voice and data simultaneously and, mostly, because I shouldn't have to change, I should get what I'm paying for.

51 of 60 (2,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 2:26:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

Update: AT&T has contacted me and there IS a master ticket number for this problem.

The rep stated that AT&T IS aware of the issue "nationally" and that "several other customers" are experiencing the problem. Yea, they finally acknowledged it!

Let's hope that this finally gets it fixed!

Update: AT&T has contacted me and there IS a master ticket number for this problem.

The rep stated that AT&T IS aware of the issue "nationally" and that "several other customers" are experiencing the problem. Yea, they finally acknowledged it!

52 of 60 (2,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 2:31:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well this is crap. I just got a replacement phone today because of this issue.

My friends have ipod touches and the apps that let you have free texting. When they send me messages, it shows up as an email address. I could talk to them alllll the time up until like two days ago when my phone stopped recieving the messages. They can get messages sent to the email address they use, but i can't recieve the messages they send. I live in North Carolina, so apparently this isnt a phone or tower issue.

Needless to say, im super mad. Smiley Mad

Well this is crap. I just got a replacement phone today because of this issue.

My friends have ipod touches and the apps that let you have free texting. When they send me messages, it shows up as an email address. I could talk to them alllll the time up until like two days ago when my phone stopped recieving the messages. They can get messages sent to the email address they use, but i can't recieve the messages they send. I live in North Carolina, so apparently this isnt a phone or tower issue.

Needless to say, im super mad. Smiley Mad

53 of 60 (2,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 6:06:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

oh yeah. forgot to mention that I'm in Chicago.

oh yeah. forgot to mention that I'm in Chicago.

54 of 60 (2,869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 1:26:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by scoobydoo on Aug 15, 2010 at 8:42:23 AM

DrestinBlack wrote:
... because I shouldn't have to change, I should get what I'm paying for.

EXACTLY!!!

DrestinBlack wrote:

Did they just open this master ticket because of your threat ... er, comment about writing an article about this?  Or has this ticket been there all the time but only a few support people know about it.  And what's "several other"?  Several thousand others?  Several tens of thousands of others?

I know I should be happy that you got them to admit to the problem, but that doens't mean anything until the problem is fixed, and I'm not going to give them an inch until it is fixed ... oh, is (word filter evasion) double-toothpicks (can't use the word on here) freezing over?  No, well, I guess it's not fixed yet.

DrestinBlack wrote:
... because I shouldn't have to change, I should get what I'm paying for.

EXACTLY!!!

DrestinBlack wrote:

Did they just open this master ticket because of your threat ... er, comment about writing an article about this?  Or has this ticket been there all the time but only a few support people know about it.  And what's "several other"?  Several thousand others?  Several tens of thousands of others?

I know I should be happy that you got them to admit to the problem, but that doens't mean anything until the problem is fixed, and I'm not going to give them an inch until it is fixed ... oh, is (word filter evasion) double-toothpicks (can't use the word on here) freezing over?  No, well, I guess it's not fixed yet.

[ Edited ]
55 of 60 (2,840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 2:31:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Welp, it's happening again.

I haven't been able to get a number@mms.att.net message to go through for 3 days. Not a single one. E-mail sent to that address simple disappears. OF COURSE AT&T denies anything is wrong. They insist it's my phone ... all of them, at the same time. Sigh... pathetic...

And now we're going to add Windows 7 Phone users to the load? Watch the network crumble under the load. I'm so frustrated.

The iPhone is such a lame device, adding pictures to it is a pain. Got to make copies of pix, put them in special folders, run iTunes (!) to sync. Blah blah blah... sure was nice in teh old days when I could just e-mail myself pictures and there they'd be in a few moments. You know, the service I'm paying for.

Welp, it's happening again.

I haven't been able to get a number@mms.att.net message to go through for 3 days. Not a single one. E-mail sent to that address simple disappears. OF COURSE AT&T denies anything is wrong. They insist it's my phone ... all of them, at the same time. Sigh... pathetic...

And now we're going to add Windows 7 Phone users to the load? Watch the network crumble under the load. I'm so frustrated.

The iPhone is such a lame device, adding pictures to it is a pain. Got to make copies of pix, put them in special folders, run iTunes (!) to sync. Blah blah blah... sure was nice in teh old days when I could just e-mail myself pictures and there they'd be in a few moments. You know, the service I'm paying for.

56 of 60 (2,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 5:35:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I have been trying to get my 3 phones (iphone, android & windows mobile) to mms for more than a month and still nothing.  I tried mms from & to each phone and my iphone will not receive mms period and my windows mobile  & android will get mms in the form of sms and when it comes in the form of mms, I cannot download the picture.

I agree, we need to get headlines going after all aren't we paying dearly for this service?

Tammy

I am having the same problem.  I have been trying to get my 3 phones (iphone, android & windows mobile) to mms for more than a month and still nothing.  I tried mms from & to each phone and my iphone will not receive mms period and my windows mobile  & android will get mms in the form of sms and when it comes in the form of mms, I cannot download the picture.

I agree, we need to get headlines going after all aren't we paying dearly for this service?

Tammy

57 of 60 (2,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 3:40:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Something that I've not seen anyone mention here is the actual bounce message from the MMS. Why are they still routing to a cingular host? I guess they didn't rename after the acquisition.

Reporting-MTA: dns; schemailmta04.cingularme.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 19:40:22 -0600
Received-From-MTA: dns; schemailedgegx02.cingularme.com (172.16.130.170)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <10digitnumber@mms.att.net>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Invalid recipient: <10digitnumber@cingularme.com>
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.
    Recipient: <10digitnumber@mms.att.net>
    Reason:    Invalid recipient: <10digitnumber@cingularme.com>
Please reply to <Postmaster@cingularme.com>
if you feel this message to be in error.

Something that I've not seen anyone mention here is the actual bounce message from the MMS. Why are they still routing to a cingular host? I guess they didn't rename after the acquisition.

Reporting-MTA: dns; schemailmta04.cingularme.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 19:40:22 -0600
Received-From-MTA: dns; schemailedgegx02.cingularme.com (172.16.130.170)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <10digitnumber@mms.att.net>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Invalid recipient: <10digitnumber@cingularme.com>
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.
    Recipient: <10digitnumber@mms.att.net>
    Reason:    Invalid recipient: <10digitnumber@cingularme.com>
Please reply to <Postmaster@cingularme.com>
if you feel this message to be in error.

58 of 60 (2,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2011 8:04:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Did anyone who is having this problem sign up at the mymessages.wireless.att.com site?  I started having the same problem after I did so.  When I log in, the "block" options are all select.  When I unselect them and set to "do not block," they revert back to block after some time - from a few minutes to a few hours.

Did anyone who is having this problem sign up at the mymessages.wireless.att.com site?  I started having the same problem after I did so.  When I log in, the "block" options are all select.  When I unselect them and set to "do not block," they revert back to block after some time - from a few minutes to a few hours.

59 of 60 (2,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2016 1:59:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

any fix on this? My just stopped working a week ago 

any fix on this? My just stopped working a week ago 

60 of 60 (139 Views)