Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2011
1:40:33 PM
View profile
MMS from Sender "1"

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

When an MMS(not all) comes in to my phone, it shows the sender being "1" then after downloaded, it will go under the correct Contact.  I am using Handcent on my Atrix.  Have also seen the issue on phones running GOSMS, stock messaging and also Palm devices.

Thank you.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

When an MMS(not all) comes in to my phone, it shows the sender being "1" then after downloaded, it will go under the correct Contact.  I am using Handcent on my Atrix.  Have also seen the issue on phones running GOSMS, stock messaging and also Palm devices.

Thank you.

MMS from Sender "1"

33 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(33)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:06:55 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere else. 

Is this something new (just started happening)?

Have you recently installed any new apps or updated your phone's software?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere else. 

Is this something new (just started happening)?

Have you recently installed any new apps or updated your phone's software?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: MMS from Sender "1"

2 of 34 (4,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:08:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just recently moved over to AT&T from Sprint. I swap between a Palm Pre2, a HP Veer and a HP Pre3 and get this issue where the MMS picture comes in from contact "1". However, unlike the OP, this never gets associated with the correct contact

I just recently moved over to AT&T from Sprint. I swap between a Palm Pre2, a HP Veer and a HP Pre3 and get this issue where the MMS picture comes in from contact "1". However, unlike the OP, this never gets associated with the correct contact

3 of 34 (4,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:19:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue with my HP Veer.  I have reinstalled webOS 2.1.2 to stock and still have the issue.  This started for me on either October 29th or October 30th.  

I am experiencing the same issue with my HP Veer.  I have reinstalled webOS 2.1.2 to stock and still have the issue.  This started for me on either October 29th or October 30th.  

4 of 34 (4,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 10:55:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am using an HP Veer and also have this problem with the MMS pictures coming in from contact "1". These messages never get associated with the correct contact so I am left to guess who it is from.

I have had this problem since about October 8th. When it first occured, every MMS would come as "1". Around October 13th some messages started to come correctly identified while some still come in as "1".

I only have apps from the app catalog installed and there was nothing new when the problem started.

I contacted online tech support at at&t. He told me that it is a software issue and to do a full erase. I did so, but still have the same problem.

I tried contacting palm/hp support. She asked me strange (irrelevant?) questions and then had me do a erase apps. I did so--same problem of course. She then said to contact the carrier. I said I already had. She then said to use webos doctor. I did. Same problem still.

I posted this problem on the precentral forums, and there are many others experiencing this problem.

I would really love to have this problem solved!

I am using an HP Veer and also have this problem with the MMS pictures coming in from contact "1". These messages never get associated with the correct contact so I am left to guess who it is from.

I have had this problem since about October 8th. When it first occured, every MMS would come as "1". Around October 13th some messages started to come correctly identified while some still come in as "1".

I only have apps from the app catalog installed and there was nothing new when the problem started.

I contacted online tech support at at&t. He told me that it is a software issue and to do a full erase. I did so, but still have the same problem.

I tried contacting palm/hp support. She asked me strange (irrelevant?) questions and then had me do a erase apps. I did so--same problem of course. She then said to contact the carrier. I said I already had. She then said to use webos doctor. I did. Same problem still.

I posted this problem on the precentral forums, and there are many others experiencing this problem.

I would really love to have this problem solved!

5 of 34 (4,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 7:50:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
It started happening in October for me... on or about the time the iPhone 4s came out. Wondering if AT&T had to make some changes in mms for the iphone folks.. which is causing issues with other devices?? Just a thought.
It started happening in October for me... on or about the time the iPhone 4s came out. Wondering if AT&T had to make some changes in mms for the iphone folks.. which is causing issues with other devices?? Just a thought.

6 of 34 (4,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 10:46:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just received what appears to be a regular SMS that has come in identified as "1".  This is the first time it has happened with a regular SMS.

I was wondering if at&t is doing anything to address this problem? Please, please, please fix it!

I'm not sure it matters, but from the text it looks like this one was sent to multiple recipients. Someone had said on another forum that they thought the problem was related to multiple recipients. However, I do know with MMS I have had the problem with messages sent only to me as well as some sent to mulitple people.

I just received what appears to be a regular SMS that has come in identified as "1".  This is the first time it has happened with a regular SMS.

I was wondering if at&t is doing anything to address this problem? Please, please, please fix it!

I'm not sure it matters, but from the text it looks like this one was sent to multiple recipients. Someone had said on another forum that they thought the problem was related to multiple recipients. However, I do know with MMS I have had the problem with messages sent only to me as well as some sent to mulitple people.

7 of 34 (4,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 7:01:03 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by jamileh on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:46:54 AM

If you are having this issues, please call AT&T Cust Support and report the issue.They have opened up a case for this, but the more people that report it, the higher priority it will be given to fix

<personal info removed>

If you are having this issues, please call AT&T Cust Support and report the issue.They have opened up a case for this, but the more people that report it, the higher priority it will be given to fix

<personal info removed>

[ Edited ]
8 of 34 (4,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 7:46:35 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the additional information everyone. I've done a bit of research and I don't see anything referencing this specific issue. 

I'll continue looking into it and reply back to the thread to keep you updated. 

@Audemars02 - I appreciate your repsonse however we must remove the phone & case number you posted as that information is considered private. 

--------------

Thanks for the additional information everyone. I've done a bit of research and I don't see anything referencing this specific issue. 

I'll continue looking into it and reply back to the thread to keep you updated. 

@Audemars02 - I appreciate your repsonse however we must remove the phone & case number you posted as that information is considered private. 

--------------

9 of 34 (4,277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 8:33:54 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

@bamastang, @kryptonite_2448 and @sunnyblueskies - I've sent you all private messages requesting some additional information so we can research this issue a bit more. 

@Audemars02 - I have your information based on the ticket number you already provided. Thanks Smiley Happy

--------------

@bamastang, @kryptonite_2448 and @sunnyblueskies - I've sent you all private messages requesting some additional information so we can research this issue a bit more. 

@Audemars02 - I have your information based on the ticket number you already provided. Thanks Smiley Happy

--------------

10 of 34 (4,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 10:20:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I also am having the same problem with two devices from HP. I have the HP Veer 4G and the HP Pre 3. For some reason no matter who sends an mms, the sender is always 1

I also am having the same problem with two devices from HP. I have the HP Veer 4G and the HP Pre 3. For some reason no matter who sends an mms, the sender is always 1

11 of 34 (4,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 10:28:26 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

chrstegal1 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I'll shoot you a private message too. (Little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner).

--------------

chrstegal1 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I'll shoot you a private message too. (Little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner).

--------------

12 of 34 (4,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 6:21:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

jamileh wrote:

Out of curiousty, why is the 800 # to AT&T's tech support considered private?

Also, Tech Support told me to give other people my the case # to reference so that they can combine all the tickets together.

jamileh wrote:

Out of curiousty, why is the 800 # to AT&T's tech support considered private?

Also, Tech Support told me to give other people my the case # to reference so that they can combine all the tickets together.

13 of 34 (4,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 5:57:37 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Basically, any number that's not published on the website can't be referenced in the forums and that one isn't. 

I understand the purpose behind posting the ticket number but it's considered private information and we have pretty strict guidelines around that. 

The message I sent to all of you is to gather information from everyone so we have the right information and so you guys don't all have to call in and spend time on the phone. 

--------------

Basically, any number that's not published on the website can't be referenced in the forums and that one isn't. 

I understand the purpose behind posting the ticket number but it's considered private information and we have pretty strict guidelines around that. 

The message I sent to all of you is to gather information from everyone so we have the right information and so you guys don't all have to call in and spend time on the phone. 

--------------

14 of 34 (4,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 11:41:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just got this same message on my Pantech Laser, so it doesn't appear to be phone specific at all.

I just got this same message on my Pantech Laser, so it doesn't appear to be phone specific at all.

15 of 34 (4,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 11:42:17 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

brt2me wrote:

PM coming your way Smiley Happy

--------------

brt2me wrote:

PM coming your way Smiley Happy

--------------

16 of 34 (4,092 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 2:22:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

I also have been getting this on my Pantech Impact..

17 of 34 (4,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 2:30:52 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

catcitytictac wrote:

Since I've already got your info from the other issue you're having, all I need is to know how long you've been experiencing this particular issue. 

--------------

catcitytictac wrote:

Since I've already got your info from the other issue you're having, all I need is to know how long you've been experiencing this particular issue. 

--------------

18 of 34 (4,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 4:15:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I have a Samsung Captivate and I received two MMS messages last night (for which both never downloaded...) from my brother who was sitting right beside me. Both messages came through from the sender being '1' instead of my brother's name and phone number.

I have a screen capture I took to prove that the issue is happening, as well. I will try to post it when I get the chance from my Captivate itself.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I have a Samsung Captivate and I received two MMS messages last night (for which both never downloaded...) from my brother who was sitting right beside me. Both messages came through from the sender being '1' instead of my brother's name and phone number.

I have a screen capture I took to prove that the issue is happening, as well. I will try to post it when I get the chance from my Captivate itself.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

19 of 34 (4,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 7:36:39 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Sending you a PM too. Smiley Happy

--------------

Sending you a PM too. Smiley Happy

--------------

20 of 34 (4,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 2:14:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Here is the screen capture photo I had promised to post. Very odd indeed...

Here is the screen capture photo I had promised to post. Very odd indeed...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

21 of 34 (4,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 2:19:29 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks, got your PM too. Smiley Happy

--------------

Thanks, got your PM too. Smiley Happy

--------------

22 of 34 (4,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 2:30:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, you're welcome. I'll respond pretty soon. Smiley Wink

Yep, you're welcome. I'll respond pretty soon. Smiley Wink

23 of 34 (4,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 5:46:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue now for weeks.  At first it was sporadic, but now it's every MMS is coming in this way.

I have a Samsung Infuse.

Is this resolved?  Or what can be done to fix this?

I'm experiencing the same issue now for weeks.  At first it was sporadic, but now it's every MMS is coming in this way.

I have a Samsung Infuse.

Is this resolved?  Or what can be done to fix this?

24 of 34 (4,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 8:43:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem - and have a coworker who's had this happening too. *most* photos come through from 1, have been for at least 2-4 weeks.

I'm having the same problem - and have a coworker who's had this happening too. *most* photos come through from 1, have been for at least 2-4 weeks.

25 of 34 (4,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 9:23:50 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Gigster & jopdi - Will you please send me a private message with the following info?

Name:
Your Mobile Number:
Your Account Number:
Type of Phone (Brand & Model):
How long have you been experiencing this issue:

--------------

Gigster & jopdi - Will you please send me a private message with the following info?

Name:
Your Mobile Number:
Your Account Number:
Type of Phone (Brand & Model):
How long have you been experiencing this issue:

--------------

26 of 34 (4,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 8:53:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue with my Pre 3.  I've spent many hours with AT&T on this and because this is not a supported device, they don't know what to do about it.  They did try to figure out the pathway of how the MMS comes through to the device, and all appeared to be correct.  They even said it didn't appear to be a device issue, however, because this is not a supported device, they recommended I call HP who created the Pre 3.  When I download the pic, it does not go back to the correct contact.  It stays with the string from '1' or from a conversation string from a AT&T number that cannot be replied to.

I have the same issue with my Pre 3.  I've spent many hours with AT&T on this and because this is not a supported device, they don't know what to do about it.  They did try to figure out the pathway of how the MMS comes through to the device, and all appeared to be correct.  They even said it didn't appear to be a device issue, however, because this is not a supported device, they recommended I call HP who created the Pre 3.  When I download the pic, it does not go back to the correct contact.  It stays with the string from '1' or from a conversation string from a AT&T number that cannot be replied to.

27 of 34 (4,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 8:59:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

ccbabz wrote:

Can you please send me the same information I requested in my post above? I know you've spent a lot of time troubleshooting this issue. We're trying to collect as much information as possible to resolve it for a couple folks. 

--------------

ccbabz wrote:

Can you please send me the same information I requested in my post above? I know you've spent a lot of time troubleshooting this issue. We're trying to collect as much information as possible to resolve it for a couple folks. 

--------------

28 of 34 (4,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 4:02:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just sent you a private message with the details.

I just sent you a private message with the details.

29 of 34 (3,993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 7:22:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having this problem. It started the end of September. I cannot receive any pictures via text messages. It shows up sender "1" and sometimes the actual sender. It tells me I have to retrieve it but always says retrieve fails. It is beginning to upset me. I have pay as you go service with the pantech for it. Please help ASAP. My fiance is on a boat and gone for 20 days at a time. This is the only way we see each other.

I am also having this problem. It started the end of September. I cannot receive any pictures via text messages. It shows up sender "1" and sometimes the actual sender. It tells me I have to retrieve it but always says retrieve fails. It is beginning to upset me. I have pay as you go service with the pantech for it. Please help ASAP. My fiance is on a boat and gone for 20 days at a time. This is the only way we see each other.

30 of 34 (3,984 Views)