Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 30, 2008
9:30:52 AM
View profile
MMS confusion and disbelief
Why was I able to receive with no problem video messages on my 50.00 Razr phone but now that I've upgraded to the 300.00 Curve I no longer have a device capable of receiving these type messages.  I have a media player on here so what is the problem and is there any chance of this changing in the near future.
Why was I able to receive with no problem video messages on my 50.00 Razr phone but now that I've upgraded to the 300.00 Curve I no longer have a device capable of receiving these type messages.  I have a media player on here so what is the problem and is there any chance of this changing in the near future.

MMS confusion and disbelief

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 9:42:23 AM
(0)
Professor
Can't receive video messages, or can't view the video? The Curve is capable of playing videos, but they have to be the correct format. According to RIM;

The following Video formats are supported:

MPEG-4 Part 2 - Simple Profile + bvops (including DivX files in this format)
H.263 Profile 0 and Profile 3
WMV 9 Simple Profile Video Decoder

The following Video file extensions are also supported:

.avi containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mov containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.3gp containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mp4 containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.m4v containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mpg containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263

If you can't receive the MMS, do you have a data plan? A data plan is required for MMS.
Can't receive video messages, or can't view the video? The Curve is capable of playing videos, but they have to be the correct format. According to RIM;

The following Video formats are supported:

MPEG-4 Part 2 - Simple Profile + bvops (including DivX files in this format)
H.263 Profile 0 and Profile 3
WMV 9 Simple Profile Video Decoder

The following Video file extensions are also supported:

.avi containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mov containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.3gp containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mp4 containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.m4v containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
.mpg containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263

If you can't receive the MMS, do you have a data plan? A data plan is required for MMS.

Re: MMS confusion and disbelief

2 of 6 (2,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 10:40:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
No, the message i get is "one or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for you terminal".  I'm wondering why this phone is not able to receive video attachments in an MMS message when so many other devices can.
No, the message i get is "one or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for you terminal".  I'm wondering why this phone is not able to receive video attachments in an MMS message when so many other devices can.

3 of 6 (2,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 11:00:02 AM
(0)
Professor
If the file is too large, it will not send. How large is the file? Have you sent this EXACT file to other phones? Was this via MMS or bluetooth?

You didn't make it clear if you have a data plan, so do you have a Blackberry Data plan?
If the file is too large, it will not send. How large is the file? Have you sent this EXACT file to other phones? Was this via MMS or bluetooth?

You didn't make it clear if you have a data plan, so do you have a Blackberry Data plan?

4 of 6 (2,210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 11:16:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes, I have a Blackberry Data plan. I receive SMS and MMS messages all the time. This particular message was a short video cartoon. I have received it before on my RAZR. Not very large file.  Very frustrating.
Yes, I have a Blackberry Data plan. I receive SMS and MMS messages all the time. This particular message was a short video cartoon. I have received it before on my RAZR. Not very large file.  Very frustrating.

5 of 6 (2,202 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 4:59:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
Most likely the file is too large or the format is not supported.

Most likely the file is too large or the format is not supported.

6 of 6 (2,152 Views)