Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 16, 2011
5:57:43 PM
View profile
MMS SETTINGS FOR A NOKIA X2-01

HI! HELP!

I purchased an unlocked NOKIA X2-01 to replace my touch screen samsung that would no longer work. I can recieve regular text messages just fine but I can't receive pictures/multimedia messages. Does anybody know how to configure this phone?

THANKS!!

HI! HELP!

I purchased an unlocked NOKIA X2-01 to replace my touch screen samsung that would no longer work. I can recieve regular text messages just fine but I can't receive pictures/multimedia messages. Does anybody know how to configure this phone?

THANKS!!

MMS SETTINGS FOR A NOKIA X2-01

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2011 5:02:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Do you have a working data connection at this point?  MMS does require the use of data, so if you don't have a working data connection, the issue may be with your data settings. 

Does the X2 have a settings wizard?  If so, and you haven't already done so - I'd try running it first.  It should obtain the required settings based on the SIM that is being used in the phone.  (Look for it within the tools or settings menu.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Do you have a working data connection at this point?  MMS does require the use of data, so if you don't have a working data connection, the issue may be with your data settings. 

Does the X2 have a settings wizard?  If so, and you haven't already done so - I'd try running it first.  It should obtain the required settings based on the SIM that is being used in the phone.  (Look for it within the tools or settings menu.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MMS SETTINGS FOR A NOKIA X2-01

2 of 6 (16,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 3:57:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. I bought the X2-01 unlocked, and since AT&T doesn't officially sanction the model, I'm on my own. There isn't a settings wizard, and the only manual setting instructions I can find online are for other models. Does anyone have any ideas??

I have the same problem. I bought the X2-01 unlocked, and since AT&T doesn't officially sanction the model, I'm on my own. There isn't a settings wizard, and the only manual setting instructions I can find online are for other models. Does anyone have any ideas??

3 of 6 (15,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 8:59:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

I used the following setting on my X2-01 and it worked for me.  This is to setup MMS only.  I don't have web enabled on my phone.

1) Menu-Settings-Configuration-Personal settings-Options-Add new-Multimedia msg

2) Set the following for Multimedia msg:

Account name = whatever you want

Server address = http://mmsc.cingular.com

Use pref. access pt. = NO

Access point settings:

Proxy = Enabled

Proxy address = 66.209.11.32

Proxy port = 8080

Bearer settings:

Packet data access pt. = wap.cingular

<Leave other settings default>

3) Default config. settings = Personal config.

4) Activate def. in all apps.

5) Menu-Messaging-More-Message settings-Multimedia messages-Configuration settings

6) Make sure Account is set to the new Multimedia msg entry that was added above

I used the following setting on my X2-01 and it worked for me.  This is to setup MMS only.  I don't have web enabled on my phone.

1) Menu-Settings-Configuration-Personal settings-Options-Add new-Multimedia msg

2) Set the following for Multimedia msg:

Account name = whatever you want

Server address = http://mmsc.cingular.com

Use pref. access pt. = NO

Access point settings:

Proxy = Enabled

Proxy address = 66.209.11.32

Proxy port = 8080

Bearer settings:

Packet data access pt. = wap.cingular

<Leave other settings default>

3) Default config. settings = Personal config.

4) Activate def. in all apps.

5) Menu-Messaging-More-Message settings-Multimedia messages-Configuration settings

6) Make sure Account is set to the new Multimedia msg entry that was added above

4 of 6 (14,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 10:44:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Please help I have been using the above settings on my nokia for the past 3 months and today they quit working! i can no longer send and recieve MMS.

What did AT&T change??

Please help I have been using the above settings on my nokia for the past 3 months and today they quit working! i can no longer send and recieve MMS.

What did AT&T change??

5 of 6 (13,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 9:53:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

koncrete wrote:

What did AT&T change??

Have you tried turning your phone off for a few moments, then back on?  That may resolve the issue if it's a problem with the network in your area.

If you've already tried doing the power cycle, have you tried moving your SIM card to another phone that is currently working with at&t's MMS service?  If you do that, does MMS function with your SIM in the phone?  If so, it does sound like it's a problem with the MMS or data settings in your E6; however, if MMS still does not function for you, that's indicative of a problem within your account settings for MMS or data at at&t, and you need to contact customer service to get it resolved.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

koncrete wrote:

What did AT&T change??

Have you tried turning your phone off for a few moments, then back on?  That may resolve the issue if it's a problem with the network in your area.

If you've already tried doing the power cycle, have you tried moving your SIM card to another phone that is currently working with at&t's MMS service?  If you do that, does MMS function with your SIM in the phone?  If so, it does sound like it's a problem with the MMS or data settings in your E6; however, if MMS still does not function for you, that's indicative of a problem within your account settings for MMS or data at at&t, and you need to contact customer service to get it resolved.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (13,201 Views)