MICROCELL --- AFTER ACTIVATION ALL ARE GREEN LIGHT EXCEPT THE 3G IS RED FLASHING

Contributor

MICROCELL --- AFTER ACTIVATION ALL ARE GREEN LIGHT EXCEPT THE 3G IS RED FLASHING

All,

Please help.

Yesterday I activated first time Microcell I received.

Everything went smooth except after 50 or 60 minutes I got text that my microcell is activated and ready to use.

I looked at the Microcell the red 3G light was flashing.

Realized something is wrong.

Logged in website made sure the microcell is activated.

Power cycled the Microcell but did not helped.

Called AT & T for 60 to 70 minutes the limited tech support could not solve it.

They mentioned expert will call me.

I got a call but it went to voice mail and the message was everything is good now.

The issue was GPS location.

STILL I have the red light flashing and no wireless coverage.

Any other advice?

This MICRO CELL is really dumb hardware.

Please provide your advice.

Message 1 of 2 (1,827 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: MICROCELL --- AFTER ACTIVATION ALL ARE GREEN LIGHT EXCEPT THE 3G IS RED FLASHING

As you've discovered, AT&T MicroCell Support is clueless and useless, most of the time. A flashing red 3G light either means there is a hardware failure or an update by AT&T didn't properly reset the MicroCell and it thinks there is a malfunction. If the 3G light flashes green, that could be a GPS problem. Make sure you're setup properly, modem -> router -> MicroCell, an unobstructed view of the sky (about 18" from a window), and no other WiFi device is within about 2' of the MicroCell. No PPoE connection and plenty of steady speed from your provider. I'd then power cycle everything again, wait for about 5 minutes, and power up. Hopefully all the lights will go green. If the 3G blinks green, you may have to wait up to a couple of hours for sync to take place. If it is still blinking red, then you'll probably have to call AT&T back again and get an approval for warranty replacement. Carefully document your calls to support so when you go down to your local AT&T store then can verify with support your replacement. Most AT&T stores won't be able to help you at all with the MicroCell unless they can verify with support your connection problems. You also may want to try priority setup, modem -> MicroCell -> router. Support will probably have you try that as troubleshooting (it takes the router out of the config) so I'd do that before you call.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,817 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.