MI State Access Fund

MI State Access Fund

Just received my monthly bill and this has been added.

WTH is this for?

Cheers

Message 1 of 27

Re: MI State Access Fund

That is basically at Tax charged by your state for you to have cell phone service.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 2 of 27

{ Please keep it courteous }

How come we were not notified about this? 

Message 3 of 27

Contact your congressman.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 4 of 27

That doesnt answer my question.  Why weren't we notified?  I appears AT&T can add taxes anytime they want.  Why doesn't AT&T start supporting the consumers instead of waste spending government?  What does this increased tax cover?

Message 5 of 27

AT&T does't add taxes, your local and state government does. They require AT&T to add those to the bill. At&t makes you aware that you will have taxes, but they are not going to go through and explain each and every one to you..its a tax, just like if you buy a gallon of milk at the grocery store, your going to be charged tax, the cashier is not going to explain to you where every cent of that tax goes.

Message 6 of 27

There's a big difference between 6% sales tax on purchased items -vs- the unknown tax that shows up.  When the state increased the sales tax from 4% to 6%, they explained why and where the revenues were going.  Since AT&T applied the tax, they should explain what it is and why!

I can't believe you're just accepting this without question!

Message 7 of 27

I sent a note to my local Senator.  We'll see what she has to say!  I still say BS!!!!

Message 8 of 27

Those types of fees have been on every single cell phone bill, Ive ever payed, since the days of my bagphone. They are taxes imposed by the state or local governments. So no, I don't question them. I have no reason to question a fee that is normally less than .50 cents per month in my state.

Message 9 of 27

Maybe you should start questioning instead of accepting.  When you're unemployed, you question where every penny goes!

Message 10 of 27
Expert

lancair IV wrote:

Maybe you should start questioning instead of accepting.  When you're unemployed, you question where every penny goes!

Maybe you should complain to the correct agency, ATT does not add taxes just because they want to, they don't see a penny of that tax. The state you reside in mandates that ATT follow the tax laws and charge you what is required. You being a customer does not warrent ATT to risk being fined by the local, state for federal goverment for not charging you a required tax. Yell at your elected officials, the proper one that casue the tax to be added. You want to qeustion - then question those that run the goverment in your home area.

Message 11 of 27

SEE MESSAGE 8 IN THIS THREAD.

I'm really surprised AT&T doesn't know what this tax is!  I'll post a reply to this when my Senator explains.

Message 12 of 27
Mentor

September bills included this message to inform customers of this charge:

Beginning on or after September 1, 2010, AT&T Long
Distance will begin to assess the Michigan (MI)
State Access Fund surcharge on intrastate
long distance charges to recover AT&T Long
Distance s required contribution to this fund.
The charge will appear as "MI State Access Fund"
under the long distance portion of your bill.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 27

Thank you lyttlebit66

I found it on the last page of the bill.  I'm glad someone at AT&T knows what is going on!

Message 14 of 27

lancair IV wrote:

Thank you lyttlebit66

I found it on the last page of the bill.  I'm glad someone at AT&T knows what is going on!

I answered your question in my first post...it read something like this...."it's a tax"

Message 15 of 27
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support