MBLOX??

Tutor

MBLOX??

Hi, I just noticed a strange charge on my bill for some "monthly service" that I'm subscribed to?!? This is nothing that I've ever heard of and definitely nothing that I subscribed to. How do I have this charge removed? It's billing me $9.99 every month! Shouldn't there be some sort of verification before people can just start billing my account???
Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: MBLOX??

mara312 wrote:
Hi, I just noticed a strange charge on my bill for some "monthly service" that I'm subscribed to?!? This is nothing that I've ever heard of and definitely nothing that I subscribed to. How do I have this charge removed? It's billing me $9.99 every month! Shouldn't there be some sort of verification before people can just start billing my account???

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/phone-spam-collect-courtesy-of-mblox-and-dadamobile/

Looks like it is a "get your free [ringtone, wallpaper, pictures] here service that has been around under a different name. These companies do get authorizatin fro you, they just bury it in a wall of text that is normally just skipped through. There are a few "quiz" services on facebook, twitter that offer to let you take an intelligence quiz and in doing so you authorize them to bill you for the service - dishonest - bet you bottom dollar, but the sad thing is the end user is agreeing to it.

Call att, request that they reverse the charge for you then put a purchase block on the phone, this will stop most of the  hidden agreements to be allowed to be charged

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

That MBLOX started charging a line on my account that has NEVER even had a phone on it. I don't even know the number, honestly. They also claim I had signed up for text alerts or something. How could I have done that if 1) no phone is attached to the line, and 2) I (or anyone else in my home) even know the number TO enter it anywhere? I thought maybe it was a recycled number, and the previous owner had signed up prior to ending their service, but this happened 2 months after I added it. So it's a mystery to me how they did it.

MBLOX did finally stop the "service" but it was a hassle.
Message 3 of 7
Expert

Thatsmyname wrote:
That MBLOX started charging a line on my account that has NEVER even had a phone on it. I don't even know the number, honestly. They also claim I had signed up for text alerts or something. How could I have done that if 1) no phone is attached to the line, and 2) I (or anyone else in my home) even know the number TO enter it anywhere? I thought maybe it was a recycled number, and the previous owner had signed up prior to ending their service, but this happened 2 months after I added it. So it's a mystery to me how they did it.

MBLOX did finally stop the "service" but it was a hassle.

how does one have a line that does not have a phone attached to it?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Scholar

I added a line for a discount on a phone, and they put a "dummy" ESN on that number, switched numbers around.
Message 5 of 7
Employee

dis you recently get a new line? Previous owner could have started the subscription
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

No I haven't gotten a new line. It's charging to my number on our family plan and I've had this number for about 7 years!

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support