Helpful Links

MBLOX??

Tutor

MBLOX??

Hi, I just noticed a strange charge on my bill for some "monthly service" that I'm subscribed to?!? This is nothing that I've ever heard of and definitely nothing that I subscribed to. How do I have this charge removed? It's billing me $9.99 every month! Shouldn't there be some sort of verification before people can just start billing my account???
Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: MBLOX??

mara312 wrote:
Hi, I just noticed a strange charge on my bill for some "monthly service" that I'm subscribed to?!? This is nothing that I've ever heard of and definitely nothing that I subscribed to. How do I have this charge removed? It's billing me $9.99 every month! Shouldn't there be some sort of verification before people can just start billing my account???

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/phone-spam-collect-courtesy-of-mblox-and-dadamobile/

Looks like it is a "get your free [ringtone, wallpaper, pictures] here service that has been around under a different name. These companies do get authorizatin fro you, they just bury it in a wall of text that is normally just skipped through. There are a few "quiz" services on facebook, twitter that offer to let you take an intelligence quiz and in doing so you authorize them to bill you for the service - dishonest - bet you bottom dollar, but the sad thing is the end user is agreeing to it.

Call att, request that they reverse the charge for you then put a purchase block on the phone, this will stop most of the  hidden agreements to be allowed to be charged

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

That MBLOX started charging a line on my account that has NEVER even had a phone on it. I don't even know the number, honestly. They also claim I had signed up for text alerts or something. How could I have done that if 1) no phone is attached to the line, and 2) I (or anyone else in my home) even know the number TO enter it anywhere? I thought maybe it was a recycled number, and the previous owner had signed up prior to ending their service, but this happened 2 months after I added it. So it's a mystery to me how they did it.

MBLOX did finally stop the "service" but it was a hassle.
Message 3 of 7
Expert

Thatsmyname wrote:
That MBLOX started charging a line on my account that has NEVER even had a phone on it. I don't even know the number, honestly. They also claim I had signed up for text alerts or something. How could I have done that if 1) no phone is attached to the line, and 2) I (or anyone else in my home) even know the number TO enter it anywhere? I thought maybe it was a recycled number, and the previous owner had signed up prior to ending their service, but this happened 2 months after I added it. So it's a mystery to me how they did it.

MBLOX did finally stop the "service" but it was a hassle.

how does one have a line that does not have a phone attached to it?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Scholar

I added a line for a discount on a phone, and they put a "dummy" ESN on that number, switched numbers around.
Message 5 of 7
Employee

dis you recently get a new line? Previous owner could have started the subscription
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

No I haven't gotten a new line. It's charging to my number on our family plan and I've had this number for about 7 years!

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support