M-Cell and Hughes Net

Teacher

M-Cell and Hughes Net

Has anyone here had the opportunity to try out microcell with Hughes Net satellite internet?

I have signed up for the 1.7K service but the upload speed is in the 200's. It may be too slow.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Tutor

Re: M-Cell and Hughes Net

AT&T clearly says it won't work with satellite based internet. You need a DSL, Cable or Fiber connection.

Message 2 of 6
Teacher

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, my DSL is only 256 up/down so that won't work.

Message 3 of 6
Tutor

If you only want to get voice, and only one call at a time, 256k might be enough (DSL not satellite), worth a try and you can alway return it.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Ok.. I have Hughesnet and an AT&T Micro Cell Tower hooked to it.  It does work for data and text.   I have barely one bar of EDGE service where I live here in the sticks.  I needed to be able to send and receive my 6000 text a month here at home and was tired of missing or not getting my texts unless i'm in that "special" spot!  So I bought a micro cell and it absolutely works for just that.  I have a home phone and my cell is forwarded to my home phone.. So voice calls are covered.

So for me, the micro cell tower works for my needs using Hughesnet. 

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

I imagine the problem with voice is the latency. Phone calls probably work, but probably would be unbearable with constantly interrupting the other party like a bad international call. The Microcell used to have that problem even with proper Internet connectivity, but that's one of the problems they seem to have solved.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support