Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2012
5:56:18 PM
Lumina 900 - Visual Voice Mail Password

I set my phone for an alternate voice mail service which is working fine.  Now when I tap the phone tile I am asked for my Visual Voice Mail password rather than just going to dial.   I have to hit back key, which brings me to History and then the dial icon on bottom.   Is there a default password for visual voicemail.  I don't want/need the service at all.   thanks!

I set my phone for an alternate voice mail service which is working fine.  Now when I tap the phone tile I am asked for my Visual Voice Mail password rather than just going to dial.   I have to hit back key, which brings me to History and then the dial icon on bottom.   Is there a default password for visual voicemail.  I don't want/need the service at all.   thanks!

Lumina 900 - Visual Voice Mail Password

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 11:31:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

Seems to have gone away --- no longer asking me for it.   But curious anyway if anyone else has seen this.

Seems to have gone away --- no longer asking me for it.   But curious anyway if anyone else has seen this.

Re: Lumina 900 - Visual Voice Mail Password

2 of 11 (3,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 2:57:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
When I first set up my phone, I saw the Visual Voicemail prompt. I didn't set it up and haven't seen that since.
When I first set up my phone, I saw the Visual Voicemail prompt. I didn't set it up and haven't seen that since.

3 of 11 (3,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 12:23:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

I get the same prompt and it hasn't gone away.  Any ideas out there on how to get it to disappear? 

I get the same prompt and it hasn't gone away.  Any ideas out there on how to get it to disappear? 

4 of 11 (3,317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 2:04:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Do you remember your original voicemail password? I entered that and was able to use VVM from that point on.
Do you remember your original voicemail password? I entered that and was able to use VVM from that point on.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (3,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 4:28:53 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks. I don't have a vm password and I would like to keep it that way if possible.
Thanks. I don't have a vm password and I would like to keep it that way if possible.

6 of 11 (3,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 11:59:09 AM
(0)
Professor

VVM needs a password, but it is very nice. Very robust. It is a nice upgrade over the standard VM and it is free on the Lumia. It seems a bit more dureable than my wife's older IPhone's VVM. We will see. I am upgrading her to a Lumia as well. IPhone to Lumia.

VVM needs a password, but it is very nice. Very robust. It is a nice upgrade over the standard VM and it is free on the Lumia. It seems a bit more dureable than my wife's older IPhone's VVM. We will see. I am upgrading her to a Lumia as well. IPhone to Lumia.

7 of 11 (3,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 1:05:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, I think I'm going to try it out. 

8 of 11 (3,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 2:53:05 PM
(0)
Professor

joeypruett wrote:

I have been a youmail user for years. I have just activated my att VVM a couple of days ago and so far I'll stick to it. I miss the call ditching of blocked numbers etc and the personal phone messages, but so far the VVM implementation seems nice. If youmail or magikmail (youmails WM client) became more robust in its live tile implementation I may switch back to that.

joeypruett wrote:

I have been a youmail user for years. I have just activated my att VVM a couple of days ago and so far I'll stick to it. I miss the call ditching of blocked numbers etc and the personal phone messages, but so far the VVM implementation seems nice. If youmail or magikmail (youmails WM client) became more robust in its live tile implementation I may switch back to that.

9 of 11 (3,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 7:23:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

Paolo01 - interesting ... I, too, have had You Mail for years - on a grandfathered annual plan that doesn't even exist anymore.  with ATT VVM - how have you found the transcriptions and response time to (time from message to receipt)?   Overall, I was very pleased with the quality of YouMail -- but free is free... 

Thank you,.

Paolo01 - interesting ... I, too, have had You Mail for years - on a grandfathered annual plan that doesn't even exist anymore.  with ATT VVM - how have you found the transcriptions and response time to (time from message to receipt)?   Overall, I was very pleased with the quality of YouMail -- but free is free... 

Thank you,.

10 of 11 (3,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 8:00:34 AM
(0)
Professor
I switched to att VVM to try and discard one bill. They just continue to add up. Anyway, VVM does not have the complete package that youmail did. I really liked the call ditching and the personal messages. I am still new to att transcriptions and I have not had enough messages to really judge the response times. So I don't feel that I can really pass judgement. If majikmail or even youmail designed an app that came across as integrated as att VVM I would really consider going baack, however, they don't so I am going to give att VVM a solid test drive for a couple of months.
I switched to att VVM to try and discard one bill. They just continue to add up. Anyway, VVM does not have the complete package that youmail did. I really liked the call ditching and the personal messages. I am still new to att transcriptions and I have not had enough messages to really judge the response times. So I don't feel that I can really pass judgement. If majikmail or even youmail designed an app that came across as integrated as att VVM I would really consider going baack, however, they don't so I am going to give att VVM a solid test drive for a couple of months.

11 of 11 (3,132 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments