Lumia 900 release date?

Teacher

Lumia 900 release date?

Any news on a date when the Lumia 900 will be available in stores? It's been noticeably silent while we wait. (I'm surprised there isn't more noise about it in these forums.)

Anyone? Bueller?

Message 1 of 7 (1,756 Views)

Re: Lumia 900 release date?

Alot of sites confirm the 18th for $99

Message 2 of 7 (1,386 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

The Windows store is saying the 18th also.  The clerks did say that if you get the phone at the MS store or MS online store the phone will not have any bloatware, so thats a big plus.

Message 3 of 7 (1,344 Views)
Mentor

I don't think thats true.  If they sell the unlocked, then yes, no bloatware.  But if they sell the AT&T phone, it will be just like the one you get in an AT&T store.  Thats a contract issue.....

Message 4 of 7 (1,337 Views)
Contributor

however, if you get the phone from the microsoft store, chances are you're buying at retail price, which will then make the device unlocked.... which will then... eliminate any bloatware from any carrier.  att or tmo.........

although, i'm still seeing different launch days... and rooting for that $99 price... it'll make it easy to sell, for sure. especially with it being LTE.. can't wait!! my lumia 800 is a beaut.... and so is the 900... can't wait to see it in stores!!!

Message 5 of 7 (1,224 Views)
Tutor

April 8th is the release date in the US.

Message 6 of 7 (986 Views)
Professor

My local att wireless has the phones in stock now and available for sale on Sunday the 8th. (There was some consternation that they may not be able to actually sell from the store until Monday but the manager thought that the word would come down that Sunday would be ok to open sales.) there were no Lumia's on display to play with, however, all of the sales staff had them as their primary phones and they were lending them to customers to finger.

Interestingly, there was no signage or advertising of the phone in the store. This appears to be a very quiet roll out.
Message 7 of 7 (757 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.