Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2012
3:12:57 PM
View profile
Lumia 900 release date?

Any news on a date when the Lumia 900 will be available in stores? It's been noticeably silent while we wait. (I'm surprised there isn't more noise about it in these forums.)

Anyone? Bueller?

Any news on a date when the Lumia 900 will be available in stores? It's been noticeably silent while we wait. (I'm surprised there isn't more noise about it in these forums.)

Anyone? Bueller?

Lumia 900 release date?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2012 11:35:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Alot of sites confirm the 18th for $99

Alot of sites confirm the 18th for $99

I love Chicago

Re: Lumia 900 release date?

2 of 7 (1,377 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 9:41:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

The Windows store is saying the 18th also.  The clerks did say that if you get the phone at the MS store or MS online store the phone will not have any bloatware, so thats a big plus.

The Windows store is saying the 18th also.  The clerks did say that if you get the phone at the MS store or MS online store the phone will not have any bloatware, so thats a big plus.

3 of 7 (1,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 11:44:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

I don't think thats true.  If they sell the unlocked, then yes, no bloatware.  But if they sell the AT&T phone, it will be just like the one you get in an AT&T store.  Thats a contract issue.....

I don't think thats true.  If they sell the unlocked, then yes, no bloatware.  But if they sell the AT&T phone, it will be just like the one you get in an AT&T store.  Thats a contract issue.....

4 of 7 (1,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2012 11:31:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

however, if you get the phone from the microsoft store, chances are you're buying at retail price, which will then make the device unlocked.... which will then... eliminate any bloatware from any carrier.  att or tmo.........

although, i'm still seeing different launch days... and rooting for that $99 price... it'll make it easy to sell, for sure. especially with it being LTE.. can't wait!! my lumia 800 is a beaut.... and so is the 900... can't wait to see it in stores!!!

however, if you get the phone from the microsoft store, chances are you're buying at retail price, which will then make the device unlocked.... which will then... eliminate any bloatware from any carrier.  att or tmo.........

although, i'm still seeing different launch days... and rooting for that $99 price... it'll make it easy to sell, for sure. especially with it being LTE.. can't wait!! my lumia 800 is a beaut.... and so is the 900... can't wait to see it in stores!!!

5 of 7 (1,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 8:47:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

April 8th is the release date in the US.

April 8th is the release date in the US.

6 of 7 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2012 5:51:14 AM
(0)
Professor
My local att wireless has the phones in stock now and available for sale on Sunday the 8th. (There was some consternation that they may not be able to actually sell from the store until Monday but the manager thought that the word would come down that Sunday would be ok to open sales.) there were no Lumia's on display to play with, however, all of the sales staff had them as their primary phones and they were lending them to customers to finger.

Interestingly, there was no signage or advertising of the phone in the store. This appears to be a very quiet roll out.
My local att wireless has the phones in stock now and available for sale on Sunday the 8th. (There was some consternation that they may not be able to actually sell from the store until Monday but the manager thought that the word would come down that Sunday would be ok to open sales.) there were no Lumia's on display to play with, however, all of the sales staff had them as their primary phones and they were lending them to customers to finger.

Interestingly, there was no signage or advertising of the phone in the store. This appears to be a very quiet roll out.

7 of 7 (748 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments