Love Triangle

Tutor

Love Triangle

So, I have a phone already. I pay only $25 a month for 3G, unlimited texts, web, and data. For that reason I love my Virgin Mobile Intercept android.

But, I've fallen in love with a new phone. The Galaxy Note. A bit more expensive than my phone cost, but it's so beautiful. I want it. I NEED it.

The problem? I'm going from paying $25 per month to $90 if I switch..? ..what? Help me understand why it costs so much..?

Message 1 of 8 (448 Views)
Employee

Re: Love Triangle

i don't see a $25 plan on Virgin, $35 is the cheapest and $55 a month has the features you state you have

but you pay for better coverage/service, newer technology as well as more powerful phones.

it's a premium service.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (408 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

JFiz, the OP is probably on the grandfathered Virgin Mobile rate plan that was discontinued last year for that price.  That same plan is now $35 for newer customers.  I think that the OP meant 300 minutes where he/she wrote 3G.

Message 3 of 8 (393 Views)
Tutor

You don't see the $25 anymore because last summer they up'd it to $35, but the people who were with them before the change still pay the $25.

I don't really care about coverage or service. I just care that I can friggin draw on it & make movies.

Message 4 of 8 (356 Views)
Tutor

Oops, I meant 3G free teathering. I rooted my droid Intercept, and can use it as a hot spot. If I try to do that on my mom's Verizon Droid 2, it pops up with a page asking for $, which is ridiculous, imo.

But yeah, there's 300 minutes. I never talk to people, though. Only when I really have to. I text, status update, fb message.

Message 5 of 8 (355 Views)
Professor

For about $600 you can buy the Note unlocked and use it on any GSM carrier.

Message 6 of 8 (339 Views)
Tutor

I should've checked this before I bought the phone, because I went to AT&T, got the AT&T one, got the 5gb data plan with hotspot, went over my limit like 3 times, and this phone doesn't even have the video maker I wanted, and it's doing this weird thing with the camera where when I record a video, it's all small like it is when you do a text message video. I'm probably going to return it next week and get the unlocked one off of amazon for $530, because I wanted the phone specifically for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI9-nJ_YorM

Message 7 of 8 (284 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

The small video problem is likely due to it being set as MMS and HD.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8 (251 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.