Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 29, 2012
3:49:25 PM
View profile
Love Triangle

So, I have a phone already. I pay only $25 a month for 3G, unlimited texts, web, and data. For that reason I love my Virgin Mobile Intercept android.

But, I've fallen in love with a new phone. The Galaxy Note. A bit more expensive than my phone cost, but it's so beautiful. I want it. I NEED it.

The problem? I'm going from paying $25 per month to $90 if I switch..? ..what? Help me understand why it costs so much..?

So, I have a phone already. I pay only $25 a month for 3G, unlimited texts, web, and data. For that reason I love my Virgin Mobile Intercept android.

But, I've fallen in love with a new phone. The Galaxy Note. A bit more expensive than my phone cost, but it's so beautiful. I want it. I NEED it.

The problem? I'm going from paying $25 per month to $90 if I switch..? ..what? Help me understand why it costs so much..?

Love Triangle

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 12:20:38 AM
(0)
Employee
i don't see a $25 plan on Virgin, $35 is the cheapest and $55 a month has the features you state you have

but you pay for better coverage/service, newer technology as well as more powerful phones.

it's a premium service.
i don't see a $25 plan on Virgin, $35 is the cheapest and $55 a month has the features you state you have

but you pay for better coverage/service, newer technology as well as more powerful phones.

it's a premium service.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Love Triangle

2 of 8 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 11:06:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:07:37 AM

JFiz, the OP is probably on the grandfathered Virgin Mobile rate plan that was discontinued last year for that price.  That same plan is now $35 for newer customers.  I think that the OP meant 300 minutes where he/she wrote 3G.

JFiz, the OP is probably on the grandfathered Virgin Mobile rate plan that was discontinued last year for that price.  That same plan is now $35 for newer customers.  I think that the OP meant 300 minutes where he/she wrote 3G.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 6:40:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

You don't see the $25 anymore because last summer they up'd it to $35, but the people who were with them before the change still pay the $25.

I don't really care about coverage or service. I just care that I can friggin draw on it & make movies.

You don't see the $25 anymore because last summer they up'd it to $35, but the people who were with them before the change still pay the $25.

I don't really care about coverage or service. I just care that I can friggin draw on it & make movies.

4 of 8 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 6:45:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Oops, I meant 3G free teathering. I rooted my droid Intercept, and can use it as a hot spot. If I try to do that on my mom's Verizon Droid 2, it pops up with a page asking for $, which is ridiculous, imo.

But yeah, there's 300 minutes. I never talk to people, though. Only when I really have to. I text, status update, fb message.

Oops, I meant 3G free teathering. I rooted my droid Intercept, and can use it as a hot spot. If I try to do that on my mom's Verizon Droid 2, it pops up with a page asking for $, which is ridiculous, imo.

But yeah, there's 300 minutes. I never talk to people, though. Only when I really have to. I text, status update, fb message.

5 of 8 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 11:43:58 AM
(0)
Professor

For about $600 you can buy the Note unlocked and use it on any GSM carrier.

For about $600 you can buy the Note unlocked and use it on any GSM carrier.

6 of 8 (328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2012 7:13:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I should've checked this before I bought the phone, because I went to AT&T, got the AT&T one, got the 5gb data plan with hotspot, went over my limit like 3 times, and this phone doesn't even have the video maker I wanted, and it's doing this weird thing with the camera where when I record a video, it's all small like it is when you do a text message video. I'm probably going to return it next week and get the unlocked one off of amazon for $530, because I wanted the phone specifically for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI9-nJ_YorM

I should've checked this before I bought the phone, because I went to AT&T, got the AT&T one, got the 5gb data plan with hotspot, went over my limit like 3 times, and this phone doesn't even have the video maker I wanted, and it's doing this weird thing with the camera where when I record a video, it's all small like it is when you do a text message video. I'm probably going to return it next week and get the unlocked one off of amazon for $530, because I wanted the phone specifically for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI9-nJ_YorM

7 of 8 (273 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 2:19:13 PM
(0)
Employee
The small video problem is likely due to it being set as MMS and HD.
The small video problem is likely due to it being set as MMS and HD.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (240 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments