Ask a question

Posted Jan 15, 2011
    1:59:48 PM
    View profile
    Lost my iPhone 4. Can I buy a 3GS as a replacement?

My iPhone 4 was stolen, and I've replaced an iPhone before and know that "lost" or "stolen" makes no difference to them, it's still $200 to replace your current phone. I loved my iPhone 4, but I also loved my 3GS when I had it, and I really can't afford to spend that $200 right now. Would it be possible for me to get a 3GS as a replacement from Apple for cheaper?

Lost my iPhone 4. Can I buy a 3GS as a replacement?

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 15, 2011 3:55:33 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

The $200 16GB iPhone 4 is a reduced price phone.  To replace it at full cost is closer to $499 or $599.  That's why you file a police report and potentially claim it on your homeowners insurance.  The iPhone 3GS is cheaper, but not that significantly.  You might have better luck looking on Craigs List or eBay to buy a replacement.

Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Lost my iPhone 4. Can I buy a 3GS as a replacement?

2 of 4 (3,409 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 15, 2011 4:43:15 PM
    (0)
    Professor

Emmy1985 wrote:

it's ... $200 to replace your current phone.

Sorry, but no $200 iPhone exists.

From Apple's website: For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).

If you are eligible for an upgrade, you can get an 8GB 3GS for $49, an iPhone 4 16GB for $199 or an iPhone 4 32GB for $299.

Add $200 to the above listed prices if you are not eligible for the full discount but are eligible for early upgrade.

Refurb phones are even cheaper, but typically AT&T only makes those available to new customers.

3 of 4 (3,397 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 15, 2011 5:13:01 PM
    (0)
    Master

As stated you can get one at the no-commitment price.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB111009&isSrch=Yes

Question:
    How much does an iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8GB cost?Answer:
    There are several pricing options for iPhone, depending on your eligibility: 

Device New and Upgrade EligibleEarly Upgrade No Commitment 
    iPhone 4 (16GB) $199$399 $599
    iPhone 4 (32GB) $299$499 $699 
    iPhone 3GS (8GB) Black $49 $249 $499 

All new and current iPhone customers who are upgrade eligible, plus existing customers who choose to upgrade early must agree to a two-year term commitment, and select an eligible voice and data plan for iPhone. No Commitment pricing does not require a two-year term commitment, but does require both voice and data service. You can buy an iPhone at no-commitment pricing from an AT&T retail store nearest you.

4 of 4 (3,387 Views)