Ask a question

Posted Jul 25, 2011
2:46:51 AM
View profile
Lost my 3G

This past weekend I seem to have completely lost any 3G coverage. I don't get the icon on my phone and can't get anything to connect unles I can get wi-fi coverage. I've rebooted several times with no improvement. I don't recall making any changes to the phone settings and looked them all over again this morning but the problem remains. Phone service is fine, texting seems to be sproradic and sending pictures also seems to be out of commission. 

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks

Lost my 3G

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 7:29:42 AM
(0)
Employee

What phone? Restart/reset your phone by removing a battery, or if it's an iPhone by holding power and home button at the same time. If that doesn't help, try a new SIM card.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Lost my 3G

2 of 6 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 9:07:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

Should have clarified the phone.

Samsung Galaxy S. Rebooted, removed the battery. Even removed the battery for 20 minutes once. Nothing. I lost the 3G Sunday morning that I was aware of. I was in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Long Island and tried it everywhere so it wasn't location related, even though it shouldn't be anyway.

3 of 6 (544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 9:19:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

patchelect wrote:

Should have clarified the phone.

Samsung Galaxy S. Rebooted, removed the battery. Even removed the battery for 20 minutes once. Nothing. I lost the 3G Sunday morning that I was aware of. I was in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Long Island and tried it everywhere so it wasn't location related, even though it shouldn't be anyway.

Do you think it's possible that you may have accidentally deactivated the data network which would enable you to receive 3G service? You can check this by long holding the power button as if to turn off the phone, and when the menu pops up, look for the "Data network mode", which is the second option. It should say "Data network mode activated" to have 3G service. Does your's say "Data network mode deactivated"?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 10:15:25 AM
(0)
Teacher

BINGO!!

That was it. I selected that button and it reactiviated itself!!

Thanks so very much! Gotta pay more attention when I hold buttons.

5 of 6 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 10:34:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I KNEW that was it! Smiley Very Happy

You're welcome!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (533 Views)